Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed script to print a value from txt file Post 302136202 by cmontr on Sunday 16th of September 2007 10:15:12 AM
Old 09-16-2007
hi

Hi again, I appreciate for looking at my question. The answer is yes. I would like to see and print cquestion, and whenever it finds cquestion then it goes back and find the dn value for that cquestion. Thank you so much if you can help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Urgent]how to print the file names into a txt file???

HI, I have a folder with some 120 files...i just want to print all the file filenames(not the content or anything else) onto a file say .txt. please help me with this command Thanks a lot. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all even lines of a txt file

In other news, I have a colors text file with hundreds of lines, and I want to print only the even numbered lines. for example I have this file looks something like this: ALLCOLORS.TXT red red green red blue red red red green red red blue green green green blue blue blue red blue blue blue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove last 2 characters of txt file

sed 's/^..//' file1.txt > file2.txt this will remove the first two characters of each line of a text file, what sed command will remove the last two characters? This is a similar post to my other....sry if I'm being lazy.... I need a file like this (same as last post) >cat file1.txt 10081551... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to read x.txt and grep from y.txt

How would I write a command(s) to read from a file (list) that looks like this: 29847374384 and grep from a second file (list) that looks like this: 29847374384, jkdfkjdf,3833,ddd:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smellylizzard
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed script to print each line to a separate named file

I have a large 3479 line .csv file, the content of which looks likes this: 1;0;177;170;Guadeloupe;x 2;127;171;179;Antigua and Barbuda;x 3;170;144;2;Umpqua;x 4;170;126;162;Coos Bay;x ... 1205;46;2;244;Unmak Island;x 1206;47;2;248;Yunaska Island;x 1207;0;2;240;north sea;x... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalelovil
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print value from txt file to csv

Hi, I want to print two columns from a .txt file to a .csv file using awk. data in text file: Application -------------------------------------------------- ----------- OS Related Issues 1 EMEA Solutions ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashu_g
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -Replacing file path within .txt file

Hi, I am trying to use sed to replace a file path within all the .lay (.txt) files in a folder. I feel that this should be easy but I can't get it to work no matter what i try. I'm using cygwin. For a .txt file containing the below line I want to replace this file path with a new one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carlr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file into CSV using awk or sed

Hello folks I have a txt file of information about journal articles from different fields. I need to convert this information into a format that is easier for computers to manipulate for some research that I'm doing on how articles are cited. The file has some header information and then details... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD