Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing lines with single charector Post 302136182 by balaji_prk on Sunday 16th of September 2007 01:34:14 AM
Old 09-16-2007
Yes.. that helped.. I had to use a literal tab..

Thanks guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings

Hi, Please provide shell script to Remove empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings in a file. Input File : A1/EXT "BAP_BSC6/07B/00" 844 090602 1605 RXOCF-465 PDTR11 1 SITE ON BATTERY A2/EXT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break lines up into single lines after each space in every line

It sounds a bit confusing but what I have is a text file like the example below (without the Line1, Line2, Line3 etc. of course) and I want to move every group of characters into a new line after each space. Example of text file; line1 .digg-widget-theme2 ul { background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need advice! Removing multiple entries in a single file!

Hello, I have a file Test.txt with 9 columns that looks like this: 1g12 A 14 19 2OAY A 326 331 AAAASA 1l7v A 68 73 1l7v A 68 73 AALAIS 1l7v A 68 73 1XVW B 72 77 AALAIS 1l7v A 68 73 1XXU A 65 70 AALAIS 1l7v A 68 73 1XXU B 65 70 AALAIS 1l7v A 68 73 1XXU C 65 70 AALAIS 1l7v A 68 73 1XXU D... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate records in a file based on single column

Hi, I want to remove duplicate records including the first line based on column1. For example inputfile(filer.txt): ------------- 1,3000,5000 1,4000,6000 2,4000,600 2,5000,700 3,60000,4000 4,7000,7777 5,999,8888 expected output: ---------------- 3,60000,4000 4,7000,7777... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate records in a file based on single column explanation

I was reading this thread. It looks like a simpler way to say this is to only keep uniq lines based on field or column 1. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/165717-removing-duplicate-records-file-based-single-column.html Can someone explain this command please? How are there no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining broken lines and removing empty lines

Hi - I have req to join broken lines and remove empty lines but should NOT be in one line. It has to be as is line by line. The challenge here is there is no end of line/start of line char. thanks in advance Source:- 2003-04-34024|04-10-2003|Claims|Claim|01-13-2003|Air Bag:Driver;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackceasar123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies
XmProcessTraversal(3X)													    XmProcessTraversal(3X)

NAME
XmProcessTraversal - A function that determines which component receives keyboard events when a widget has the focus SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> Boolean XmProcessTraversal (widget, direction) Widget widget; XmTraversalDirection direction; DESCRIPTION
XmProcessTraversal determines which component of a hierarchy receives keyboard events when the hierarchy that contains the given widget has keyboard focus. Using XmProcessTraversal to traverse to MenuBars, Pulldown MenuPanes, or Popup MenuPanes is not supported. Specifies the widget ID of the widget whose hierarchy is to be traversed. The hierarchy is only traversed up to the top of the shell. If that shell does not currently have the focus, any changes to the element with focus within that shell will not occur until the next time the shell receives focus. Specifies the direction of traversal The direction parameter can have the following values, which cause the routine to take the corresponding actions: XmTRAVERSE_CURRENT--Finds the hierarchy and the tab group that contain widget. If this tab group is not the active tab group, makes it the active tab group. If wid- get is an item in the active tab group, makes it the active item. If widget is the active tab group, makes the first traversable item in the tab group the active item. XmTRAVERSE_DOWN--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active item in the active tab group and makes the item below it the active item. If there is no item below, wraps. XmTRAVERSE_HOME--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active item in the active tab group and makes the first traversable item in the tab group the active item. XmTRA- VERSE_LEFT--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active item in the active tab group and makes the item to the left the active item. If there is no item to the left, wraps. XmTRAVERSE_NEXT--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active item in the active tab group and makes the next item in child order the active item. XmTRAVERSE_NEXT_TAB_GROUP--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active tab group (if any) and makes the next tab group the active tab group in the hierarchy. XmTRAVERSE_PREV--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active item in the active tab group and makes the previous item in child order the active item. XmTRAVERSE_PREV_TAB_GROUP--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active tab group (if any) and makes the previous tab group the active tab group in the hierarchy. XmTRAVERSE_RIGHT--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active item in the active tab group and makes the item to the right the active item. If there is no item to the right, wraps. XmTRAVERSE_UP--Finds the hierarchy that contains widget. Finds the active item in the active tab group and makes the item above it the active item. If there is no item above, wraps. CAUTIONS XmProcessTraversal will not allow traversal to a widget in a different shell. XmProcessTraversal will only allow traversal to widgets that are currently mapped. You cannot call XmProcessTraversal from inside a focusCallback routine (or you will get a segmentation fault). RETURN VALUE
Returns True if the setting succeeded. Returns False if the keyboard focus policy is not XmEXPLICIT, if there are no traversable items, or if the call to the routine has invalid parameters. SEE ALSO
XmGetVisibility(3X), XmIsTraversable(3X) XmProcessTraversal(3X)