Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Decompress a .SP file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Decompress a .SP file Post 302136124 by Sprellarinn on Saturday 15th of September 2007 07:49:30 AM
Old 09-15-2007
What does "file 2761.sp" return?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

decompress in HPUX11 by Gunzip and gzip

Hello evrebody , I have HPUX-11, i try to install "Mozilla" and "unzip utillity" I cannot decompress file (F.tar.gz) or file(F.gz) by commandes: gunzip -dv F.tar.gz | tar -xvf gunzip F.tar.gz or gzip -dv F.tar.gz |tar -xvf gzip F.gz maybe someone know What's the reason? maybe i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanly64
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decompress directory using Gzip

Hey there... Just has a query. I have been trying to zip and unzip a directory. I used gzip -c -r <directory> to recursively search the directory and zip it Now is want to unzip the directory, by gunzip -r <filename>.gz The problem is that the unzip creates on file with the contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinxor
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gunzip to decompress .zip file

Hi, I have a zipped Oralce software (linux.x64_11gR1_database.zip) and I need to unzip it. On the Linux server, I only see the gunzip utility listed: $ ls -ltr *zip* -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gzip -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gunzip Can I use the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syang68
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compress/decompress don't take you back to the same file

Hi there, I have a file system.tgz. I want to make changes inside this archive but before that, I want to be sure I recompress it in the exact same format. So I did the following: me:~# # Duplicate the archive --------------------------------- me:~# cp system.tgz system.01.tgz me:~# ls -l... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decompress (with gunzip) recursively, but do not delete original gz file

Hi all, I have a folder hierarchy with many gz files in them. I would like to recursively decompress them, but keep the original files. I would also like to move all the decompressed files (these are very large HDF5 files with .CP12 extension) to another data folder. Currently I am using four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gansvv
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, I want to decompress a file.bin "firmware"

Please, help me Please, I want to decompress a file firmware for a 2000 SAT HD Please note that I use Version ubuntu 10.04 lts file name : .................. NxpRom.bin .................. Or How do I use and is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samy2012
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decompress files using gunzip?

I have compressed files under directory '/root/data' and i need the uncompressed files in another directory '/root/uncom'. I running a shell script below shell script from directory '/root/' gunzip /root/data/*.gz -d /root/uncom But this is failing with gunzip: /root/uncom is a directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar to decompress and to convert file to .dat format

tar -tvf abc.tar.gz gives me the file name abc.Is it possible to rename the file to abc.dat while decompressing using tar ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple .gz decompress files and dump other directory

I have code below for i in *.gz; do gzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done one more for i in *.gz; do gunzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done both are getting error: "gunzip: /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/ is a directory -- ignored " i have requirement below in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decompress files using gunzip?

I have compressed files under directory '/root/data' and i need the uncompressed files in another directory '/root/uncom'. I running a shell script below shell script from directory '/root/' gunzip /root/data/*.gz -d /root/uncom But this is failing with : gunzip: /root/uncom is a directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
2 Replies