Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man aliases
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers man aliases Post 302136107 by Pipa on Saturday 15th of September 2007 01:44:09 AM
Old 09-15-2007
Question man aliases

Can any one show me how to create an alias account that silently copies local emails to the administrator (root) using a linux cmd line or GUI?

The answer needs to be very simplly explained at this stage, as I am new to the command prompt...expecialy in linux.
thanks heaps guys

PipaSmilie

I have tried to delete this message as I am still researching this...
anyway any help will be appreciated
I tend to get tied in nots as I am more used to the DOS command prompt.

Last edited by Pipa; 09-15-2007 at 03:15 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail / Aliases

I'm trying to make a script that will automatically read incoming mail, parse the recipient, then send a file off to the recipient. (Name of file = mail.pl) #!/usr/bin/perl $mailDir = "/var/spool/mail/" $user = print `cat <STDIN> | grep To: | cut -b5-`; print `elm -s Awaiting Mail $user <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ComTec
1 Replies

2. Programming

aliases

Hi. I have a C program that is using the **environ pointer and I am trying to set up aliases for a system("/bin/ksh") call. This works for other environment variables but not for the aliases. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks ahead of time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mluey61
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aliases

Is there a way to view what aliases are running on a given session? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

/etc/mail/aliases

HI I have 5000 users on sendmail server, also there entries of these users Mail ID in /etc/mail/aliases as per Diparments. Same Mail ID can occures in Diff Departments as per req. I have to remove 500 users from server also there entry from /etc/mail/aliases file. which occures many times. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kumarsharad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

etc aliases

Hello: i have several server with own etc aliases. right now i want to combine it all into a general etc aliases in a new freebsd server. cause it consist hundred thousand of record user inside how to make a shell script to combine it or configure it. all etc aliases record example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterLfs
0 Replies

6. Solaris

man and ldm man

According to Sun documentation (Ldoms 1.1 Administration Guide), To access the ldm(1M) man page, add the directory path /opt/SUNWldm/man to the variable $MANPATH. When I add the lines: MANPATH=$MANPATH:/opt/SUNWldm/man export MANPATH to .profile, exit root and re-login, I would have "man ldm"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Mail Aliases

I'm at a bit of a loss here, any help is appreciated... I have Solaris 10, and in submit.cf, sendmail.cf I have the mail relay setup to our companys relay server which works fine when I type a full email address on the command like (i.e. #echo hello | mail me@work.com). However, I am trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with aliases

I work on a MAC. And i have the need to connect to various servers on a daily basis. So I use aliases in bash shell. The aliases work fine in bash shell. But they dont work with tcsh. Can anybody clarify what might be wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newprofile
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Aliases in a script

Hi all, I have and alias set in .profile like alias ll='ls -la' I am writing a shell script in which i am using "ll" but it gives command not found . Can anyone please tell me how source aliases in the script we write do i need to define it again in every script i write is there any oher... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unsetting aliases

Within a session we have created some aliases. How to unset all the aliases in the session or specific alias? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)