Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: formatting output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting formatting output Post 302136095 by balaji_prk on Friday 14th of September 2007 04:37:12 PM
Old 09-14-2007
Thanx zazzybob !!!

well i need to extend my question.

the solution provided is fine when you know the number of field. let me expalin more

HOSTNAME,name,host_test,,,,,,,,
HOSTNAME,name,host_test2,ip_address,192.168.1.1,,,,,,,,
HOSTNAME,name,host_test3,ip_address,192.168.5.1,netmask,255,255,255,0

so i need to convert the above format in to below stanza format

HOSTNAME:
name=host_test

HOSTNAME:
name=host_test2
ip_address=182.168.1.1

HOSTNAME:
name=host_test3
ip_address=192.168.5.1
netmask=255,255,255,0

The problem over here is that different lines have different count of coma seperated values.. and i need to print them all..

can we have awk look for number of fields and print them accordingly?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi all, Have the following code(1) producing the results(2 & 3). Would like to know if there is a way to format the two reports created in a similar fashion. IE - The first is formatted nicely as a result of the echo "$xmpbdate $xavgs" >> $xmpbrpt However when I attempt to do the same on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output

Hi I tried running the below awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%s %-51s %s %-7s %s",$var1,$var2,$var3,$var4,$var5)}' from the command prompt and it is not working. Getting the error awk: Field $() is not correct. The source line number is 1. Actually my requirement is to form a string based on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

more help with formatting ls output...

Ok, for a fun project, my goal is to replicate the style of "catalog" on an old apple ] *A 002 SOMEAPPLESOFTFILE B 004 SOMEFILE T 006 SOMETEXT I 002 SOMEINTEGERFILE The first character is either " " or "*" depending on if the file is locked or not. Next is the filetype, so in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting ls output

I am using find and ls to search for "warez" files on my server. find /home/ -regex ".*\.\(avi\|mp3\|mpeg\|mpg\|iso\)" -print0 | xargs -0 ls -oh This command produces this: -rw-r--r-- 1 1000 3.2M Feb 18 2009 /home/user/public_html/lupus.mp3 I want to only get this 3.2M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonrad
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

Sorry for being a n00b, but I'm having a lot more trouble than I should with formatting the output to the program I finally completed. I'm basically looking for the linux equivalent to setw( ) from c++ so that I can print things in columns like this (but without the underlines lol): MISSPELLED: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aikaterinimak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output

Hi Experts, I have to create a report for certain audit and my output looks as follows I m trying to format my output to look like Any inputs would be highly appreciated Thanks Syed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Formatting

Hi Guys I need help removing some lines from output i am receiving from a shell script. Here is the output: http://i52.tinypic.com/10z0fut.png I am trying to remove the output that i have circled. . ${EDW}/extracts/bin/extracts_setup2.sh . ${EDW}/extracts/extracts.conf ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooey1232003
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output

Hi, I have a file which contents entries in this form. Only in /data4/temp abc.000001 Only in /data4/temp abc.000003 Only in /data4/temp abc.000012 Only in /data4/temp abc.000120 Only in /data4/temp abc.000133 Only in /data4/temp abc.001444 i want to read line by line and format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. AIX

Help Formatting Output

I am using FORTRAN 90 on AIX 5.3 and need to output my data to a tab-delimited file. It must have actual tabs, and I cannot figure out a way to make it work. The resulting file will be imported into another application (quickbooks) as an .iif file....for some reason, it needs the tabs; spaces do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the Output

Hi, I am trying to use printf command and format certain output in a specific format as under: While the left side (upto |) of the above format is part of a fixed header function, the right side is where i am expecting data to be printed. However, as seen, Row1 value is reflecting on last... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies
IPv4Addr(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     IPv4Addr(3pm)

NAME
Net::IPv4Addr - Perl extension for manipulating IPv4 addresses. SYNOPSIS
use Net::IPv4Addr qw( :all ); my ($ip,$cidr) = ipv4_parse( "127.0.0.1/24" ); my ($ip,$cidr) = ipv4_parse( "192.168.100.10 / 255.255.255.0" ); my ($net,$msk) = ipv4_network( "192.168.100.30" ); my $broadcast = ipv4_broadcast( "192.168.100.30/26" ); if ( ipv4_in_network( "192.168.100.0", $her_ip ) ) { print "Welcome !"; } etc. DESCRIPTION
Net::IPv4Addr provides functions for parsing IPv4 addresses both in traditional address/netmask format and in the new CIDR format. There are also methods for calculating the network and broadcast address and also to check if a given address is in a specific network. ADDRESSES
All of Net::IPv4Addr functions accept addresses in many formats. The parsing is very liberal. All these addresses would be accepted: 127.0.0.1 192.168.001.010/24 192.168.10.10/255.255.255.0 192.168.30.10 / 21 10.0.0.0 / 255.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 Those wouldn't though: 272.135.234.0 192.168/16 Most functions accepts the address and netmask or masklength in the same scalar value or as separate values. That is either my($ip,$masklength) = ipv4_parse($cidr_str); my($ip,$masklength) = ipv4_parse($ip_str,$msk_str); USING
No functions are exported by default. Either use the ":all" tag to import them all or explicitly import those you need. FUNCTIONS
ipv4_parse my ($ip,$msklen) = ipv4_parse($cidr_str); my $cidr = ipv4_parse($ip_str,$msk_str); my ($ip) = ipv4_parse($ip_str,$msk_str); Parse an IPv4 address and return in scalar context the address in CIDR format, in an array context the address and the mask length. If the parameters doesn't contains a netmask or a mask length, in scalar context only the IPv4 address is returned and in an array context the mask length is undefined. If the function cannot parse its input, it croaks. Trap it using "eval" if you don't like that. ipv4_broadcast my ($broadcast) = ipv4_broadcast($ip_str); my $broadcast = ipv4_broadcast($ip_str,$msk_str); This function returns the broadcast address. If the input doesn't contain a netmask or mask length, the default netmask is assumed. This function croaks if the input is invalid. ipv4_network my $cidr = ipv4_network($ip_str); my $cidr = ipv4_network($cidr_str); my ($net,$msk) = ipv4_network( $net_str, $msk_str); In scalar context, this function returns the network in CIDR format in which the address is. In array context, it returns the network address and its mask length as a two elements array. If the input is a host without a netmask or mask length, the default netmask is assumed. Again, the function croaks if the input is invalid. ipv4_in_network print "Yes" if ipv4_in_network( $cidr_str1, $cidr_str2); print "Yes" if ipv4_in_network( $ip_str1, $mask_str1, $cidr_str2 ); print "Yes" if ipv4_in_network( $ip1, $mask1, $ip2, $msk2 ); This function checks if the second network is contained in the first one and it implements the following semantics : If net1 or net2 is a magic address (0.0.0.0 or 255.255.255.255) then this function returns true. If net1 is a host, net2 will be in the same net only if it is the same host. If net2 is a host, it will be contained in net1 only if it is part of net1. net2 is only part of net1 if it is entirely contained in net1. Trap bad input with "eval" or else. ipv4_chkip if ($ip = ipv4_chkip($str) ) { # Do something } Return the IPv4 address in the string or undef if the input doesn't contain a valid IPv4 address. ipv4_cidr2msk my $netmask = ipv4_cidr2msk( $cidr ); Returns the netmask corresponding to the mask length given in the input. As usual, croaks if it doesn't like your input (in this case a number between 0 and 32). ipv4_msk2cidr my $masklen = ipv4_msk2cidr( $msk ); Returns the mask length of the netmask in the input. As usual, croaks if it doesn't like your input. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <francis.lacoste@iNsu.COM> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000 iNsu Innovations Inc. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms as perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1) ipv4calc(1). perl v5.10.1 2010-07-26 IPv4Addr(3pm)