Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers running a Perl script on HPUX platform Post 302136039 by sysgate on Friday 14th of September 2007 08:26:56 AM
Old 09-14-2007
Can you please post some relevant content from your script ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a check platform script

Hi, I want to run a check platform & application script under ksh (Soaris boxes). It runs some commands and it take some time. I want to customize it like that: - output is too big, hence I want some output of the commands to be redirect ed in an output file (or maybe two or three) - not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running egrep in perl script ?

Hi there if i run this from the BASH command line, i get a good result # FS="my-box23/account" # zfs list -t filesystem -H | cut -f1 |egrep "^ZPpool1/$FS$" ZP0pool1/my-box23/account which is great, however if I try to run in a perl script populating an array with the result/s, i get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running perl script problem

While executing perl scriptit gives some compling issue, please help out $inputFilename="c:\allways.pl"; open (FILEH,$inputFilename) or die "Could not open log file"; Error : Could not open log file at c:\allways.pl line 4 learner in Perl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What script is running by Perl?

Dear fellow unixoids! I need a little help (just a link would be fine) how can I investigate what specific perl script is eating 100% of cpu of my ubuntu server: PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulrith
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any company running large scale grid platform still

Hi buddy, I would like to know are there any company still running large scale grid platform like Parabon? Parabon is the only company running such kind of platform and purchasing CPU power. Is that right? Thanks, Colapig (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colapig
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running one Perl script from another

Hi, I have one small question - what is the best way to run one perl script from another? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi platform script perl or awk

Hi gurus, I am trying to match records in following format: (-,username,domain1.co.uk)\ (-,username,domain2.co.uk) either awk or perl must be used. I am using cygwin. I wrote following code which works and matches both above entries: awk 'BEGIN {musr="(-,username,+.co.uk)"} {if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
8 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

PERL: Running script from Notepad++

I'm not sure if this forum covers PERL issues but here I go: I'm trying to run a PERL script from Notepadd++. I've entered the path of the script from the run command but it is only opening a blank window. Is there anything else that needs to be done when using the 'RUN' feature of Notepad++? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
2 Replies

10. AIX

Error when running .sh file in AIX platform

Hi, I am trying to open Oracle Warehouse Builder (10g) Design Center in AIX platform using the command ./OWBClient.sh. When I execute, I am getting the below error. The JVM option is invalid: -XX: MaxPermSize=256M. Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Any resolution guidance for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: becky123
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)