Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To find the RAM size for an Linux server. Post 302136030 by SanjayLinux on Friday 14th of September 2007 07:41:24 AM
Old 09-14-2007
1:- SMP
Symmetric multiprocessing, or SMP, is a multiprocessor computer architecture where two or more identical processors are connected to a single shared main memory. Most common multiprocessor systems today use an SMP architecture.
SMP systems allow any processor to work on any task no matter where the data for that task are located in memory; with proper operating system support, SMP systems can easily move tasks between processors to balance the workload efficiently.

2:- To check the RAM size

# dmesg | grep RAM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of Installed RAM ?

Is it possible from the command line, or by looking at one of the log files to find out the amount of RAM installed on my SCO Unix 5.05 Server? I also need to find out H/Disk size and Processor speed but I think i'll do a search of the forums for those ones. Thanks RamblasPro (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamblasPro
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find RAM size in my Solaris 8

Hello there, I have a very basic question. It is so simple to find out all the information about system in windows environment. But I do not see any easy way to find it out in my Unix (Solaris 8) box. All I want to find out how much RAM I have in my solaris 8 box. Is there any command? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikabid
3 Replies

3. Programming

getting RAM size

Sir, How can i get the RAM size .Is there is any predefined function ..Howsir??? Thanks In advance, ArunKumar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

RAM size

hi, while i am working in hpux 11.23 using a telnet connection how do i check the RAM size and hard disk size? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
4 Replies

5. AIX

To find RAM Size in AIX as normal user?

Hi, Am jus trying to find the Total RAM Size of a AIX m/c (in MB)..svmon works perfectly for a superuser...But i want to achive this as a normal user...Please help me out with correct command.. Best Regards, Muthukumaran.M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumaran13
3 Replies

6. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know RAM size

Hi can anyone please help me, how to know RAM specification in unix? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palash2k
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAM Size

Can anyone let me know whether there is a command to know the RAM capacity in GB? I have tried cat /proc/meminfo and free.But its not in GB. I need to use it in script. Thanks and Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
4 Replies

10. Linux

Find Page size in linux

Hi, How do i find Linux kernel page size using command ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies
SMP_REP_GENERAL(8)						     SMP_UTILS							SMP_REP_GENERAL(8)

NAME
smp_rep_general - invoke REPORT GENERAL SMP function SYNOPSIS
smp_rep_general [--change_report] [--help] [--hex] [--interface=PARAMS] [--raw] [--sa=SAS_ADDR] [--verbose] [--version] SMP_DEVICE[,N] DESCRIPTION
Sends a SAS Management Protocol (SMP) REPORT GENERAL request function to a SMP target. The SMP target is identified by the SMP_DEVICE and the SAS_ADDR. Depending on the interface, the SAS_ADDR may be deduced from the SMP_DEVICE. With one interface there is one SMP_DEVICE per machine so the SMP_DEVICE,N syntax is needed to differentiate between HBAs if there are multiple present. OPTIONS
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -c, --change_report reports (prints to stdout) the value of the expander change count field from the response. The value is printed in decimal and is obtained from a 16 bit field. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -H, --hex output the response in hexadecimal. -I, --interface=PARAMS interface specific parameters. In this case "interface" refers to the path through the operating system to the SMP initiator. See the smp_utils man page for more information. -r, --raw send the response to stdout in binary. All error messages are sent to stderr. -s, --sa=SAS_ADDR specifies the SAS address of the SMP target device. Typically this is an expander. This option may not be needed if the SMP_DEVICE has the target's SAS address within it. The SAS_ADDR is in decimal but most SAS addresses are shown in hexadecimal. To give a number in hexadecimal either prefix it with '0x' or put a trailing 'h' on it. -v, --verbose increase the verbosity of the output. Can be used multiple times -V, --version print the version string and then exit. CONFORMING TO
The SMP REPORT GENERAL function was introduced in SAS-1, with small additions in SAS-1.1 . There have been a large number of additions in SAS-2 . AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
smp_utils, smp_discover(smp_utils) smp_utils-0.93 January 2008 SMP_REP_GENERAL(8)