Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Scheduling bi-weekly through cron Post 302135944 by LPT on Thursday 13th of September 2007 05:20:51 PM
Old 09-13-2007
Thanks a bunch, daveisme!! You're the bomb...!! I'd never thought of that..!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron job scheduling

Hi, How can I configure cron file , to execute a script on evey alternate saturdays ? I am using AIX 5.0 machine Thanks in advance Shihab (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scheduling tasks with cron

hello there, i'm learning about task scheduling with cron and all seems hyper exciting, yeppie. But there is a prob: assume i have a script that needed to be executed at 7am everyday. I could do: vi mycron 00 7 * * * echo hi mother, i wanna be a script daddy. :wq crontab mycron how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

cron scheduling?

Hi all, i want a job to run first monday of every of month. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding cron scheduling command

Below are two cron entries. what is the difference beteeen writing 20 and */20? how is "20 * * * *" different from "*/20 * * * *"? 1) 20 * * * * find /tmp/ -name "*.log.*" ! -name "*.gz" -mmin +1440 -exec gzip '{}' \; 2) */20 * * * * find /tmp/ -name "*.tmp.*" ! -name "*.gz" -mmin +1440... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling Cron job-Problem

Hello All, I want to run a script for every 5 minutes interval.So i developed a script which has to be scheduled to run for every 5 minutes. That script internally runs another script. But the problem is it is not executing properly. Can anybody throw some light on this. Below are the code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scheduling tasks with cron in Slackware 12

How do I start, restart and stop the cron service under Slackware 12? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job Scheduling

Hi All, I have a script which is scheduled in the Cron. It runs every 10th and 40th min of an hour.The job has to run every 30min. But, I do not want to have the 00:10 MST run every day.Is it possible to exclude that run from the schedule?Or any other way through which i can run my job every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron confusion - scheduling a script

I have a script that backs up a directory, creates a log file and mails the log file to us. find . -print | backup -ivqf/dev/rmt0 | tee backup.log cat backup.log|mail -v -s "Tape backup log" maillist This script works fine from the console. When I schedule it in cron, I never get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Scheduling cron job

Hi Everybody, I want to run a script at every 5 seconds. I know how to run it every 5 minutes, is there any possibility to run a script at 5 seconds interval. Regards, Mastan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
3 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)