Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mac OS X & UNIX
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Mac OS X & UNIX Post 302135941 by porter on Thursday 13th of September 2007 05:04:30 PM
Old 09-13-2007
First thing to do is work out a strategy for backing your machine up. So if it gets zapped by lightening you can buy another machine and be back up and running within a couple of hours.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Web Dev

Could someone recommend a good book? Regarding Unix and Mac os X? I know the OS is new, but Unix ain't. I would like to know more about setting up the webserver on my machine. All the HTML works fine, it's just when i try to execute a cgi, php or a pl script.. :( I have tried and tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chojin
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

MAC OS X : Q & A :

:confused: = :mad: = :eek: = We have the answear ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i[c]e
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Where & what bash env file, Mac OS?

Hi! I wanted to simplify my bash prompt, so I edited my etc/bashrc file. I thought this was the file that would override any other env files. When I opened it, I saw that the way it was setup was not what my prompt looked like, although I forget exactly what was there. But i edited it the way I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudon't
1 Replies
SMBSTATUS(1)															      SMBSTATUS(1)

NAME
smbstatus - report on current Samba connections SYNOPSIS
smbstatus [ -P ] [ -b ] [ -d ] [ -L ] [ -p ] [ -S ] [ -s <configuration file> ] [ -u <username> ] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the Samba suite. smbstatus is a very simple program to list the current Samba connections. OPTIONS
-P If samba has been compiled with the profiling option, print only the contents of the profiling shared memory area. -b gives brief output. -d gives verbose output. -L causes smbstatus to only list locks. -p print a list of smbd(8) processes and exit. Useful for scripting. -S causes smbstatus to only list shares. -s <configuration file> The default configuration file name is determined at compile time. The file specified contains the configuration details required by the server. See smb.conf(5) for more information. -u <username> selects information relevant to username only. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 2.2 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8) and smb.conf(5) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/ <URL:ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/>) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 SMBSTATUS(1)