Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change file type to hidden using chmod command Post 302135841 by rinku on Thursday 13th of September 2007 01:12:37 AM
Old 09-13-2007
Thanks

Thanks.
Its work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change permission chmod

Hi, when I launch my perl script, I write on the shell: perl x.pl How I can can change the permission to write only: x to launch the program? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the contraints type of fields in database

how to disable the contraint type of a field (which is present in diffrent tables ) in database using a single unix script file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaksing
4 Replies

3. Solaris

chmod command

Hi, I want to create one user who has right to run chmod command in solaris, Any Idea? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Programatically change which opens a file type

Hi there, If we have 2 apps on our customers machines that can both open files of a certain file extension, is there any way via shell commands to set which application should be the default? Essentially, I'm hoping to replicate Get Info > Open With > Change All, but using a script. Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Rights Recursive with chmod

Hello, i want just to change Rights for a few direcories anf files, but some directories must be exclude. How can i put the command chmod as chmod -R 755 * exclude toto tata where toto and tata are directories Could you help me for that or must I use the find command Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the permission to previously used in unix ( chmod )

I have changed the premission of a file to 777. Now I would like to change permission to previously used ( UNDO ). Is there any command ?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change chmod on files in diff directories

I am looking for a small script to crawl through several directories and change a couple of files in each directory to read write status. Anyone have any ideas ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Can I change the partition type with fdisk without disrupting data?

Hello, I have been going through our environment and I see we have a few servers with LVM's setup and the file system type is still set to "83" within fdisk. If I change this to "8e", will it hurt the data or cause any loss? I need to know for sure before I make the change. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s ladd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
PHARFILEINFO.CHMOD(3)							 1						     PHARFILEINFO.CHMOD(3)

PharFileInfo::chmod - Sets file-specific permission bits

SYNOPSIS
public void PharFileInfo::chmod (int $permissions) DESCRIPTION
PharFileInfo.chmod(3) allows setting of the executable file permissions bit, as well as read-only bits. Writeable bits are ignored, and set at runtime based on the phar.readonly INI variable. As with all functionality that modifies the contents of a phar, the phar.readonly INI variable must be off in order to succeed if the file is within a Phar archive. Files within PharData archives do not have this restriction. PARAMETERS
o $permissions - permissions (see chmod(3)) RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A PharFileInfo.chmod(3) example <?php // make sure it doesn't exist @unlink('brandnewphar.phar'); try { $p = new Phar('brandnewphar.phar', 0, 'brandnewphar.phar'); $p['file.sh'] = '#!/usr/local/lib/php <?php echo "hi"; ?>'; // set executable bit $p['file.sh']->chmod(0555); var_dump($p['file.sh']->isExecutable()); } catch (Exception $e) { echo 'Could not create/modify phar: ', $e; } ?> The above example will output: bool(true) PHP Documentation Group PHARFILEINFO.CHMOD(3)