Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script Post 302135833 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 12th of September 2007 11:38:34 PM
Old 09-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by joangopan
What i need read to do this??
Where start?
seriously, you need to start reading a Perl and a shell programming book.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify a perl script to find and count

Hello all !I have two sets of folders that have IP address from two sources.The below perl script I was working with needs some corrections.I am looking for the perl script to identify and count what IP address are found to be duplicated between both files.The format from both files are the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl Script To Send Attachments

Hello, I'm a newbie to the world of programming and so i decided to take up perl. I'm trying to learn how to modify the script below in order to have it sent with attachments. Any suggestions? #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $from = 'xxx@domain.com'; my $to =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmaverick
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - need script for modify lines

Hello, does somebody can make script for me, which replace: ąćę ąćę ąćę (input file) to ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę (output file) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xadrian
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate script perl mail log not work

Dear unix forum members, I'm working on a script that will parse a mail machine's logs and print a list of email addresses in this format: authen@domain.com | sender@domain | recipient@domain exam account1@domain1.com | sender2@domain2.com |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: script to work with files with the same name in different directories

Hi All, I would like to use a Perl (not Bash) script to work with multiple files of the same name in different directories (all in the same parent directory). I tried to create a loop to do so, but it isn't working. My code so far: while (defined(my $file = glob("./*/filename.txt")) or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elgo4
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script without execute permissions will work for a user?

Please help me to understand the issue: Issue: There are shell scripts in a user home directory (/home/user_1) without execute permissions (rw-r--r--) to owner,group and world These shell scripts were able to execute/work previously but its not working now and it says permission denied or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MSK_1990
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble getting my interactive perl script to work properly

So I'm making an interactive perl script, but I can't get it to work properly. I'm trying to make a script that tell the user to input either 'q' or 'Q' to terminate the program, or 'c' to continue it. If they input anything other than those three keys, it should prompt the user again and again... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)