Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alignment of terms to the left Post 302135693 by Raynon on Tuesday 11th of September 2007 08:35:35 PM
Old 09-11-2007
Hi Ygor,

Thanks, it works !!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

laymens terms for netstat states

Ok, I've read the manpages on netstat and it gives a good description of the state values such as CLOSE_WAIT, ESTABLISHED, SYN_RECEIVED, etc.. Can someone give me real world situations where you would get these states. LIke for example if I got SYN_RECEIVED what possible situations would be the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some Basic terms in UNIX

Hello Gurus, I have some very beginner level questions here, which are as follows: 1) I know what is a process, but what is a thread? and how a CPU devides a process into more than one threads and on what basis? Does a programmer designs a program in this way that it devides it into more than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lost with terms

Hi all,in the midst of downloading rpm and various flavors of unix, i encountered some architecture terms and i am confused. Would anyone be kind to enlighten they mean in the world of unix? term: meaning i386: x86_64: IA32: IA64: AMD64: bin: src: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab terms leaving spacings intact

Hi All, I have an input below. I would want to print the 2nd to 5th term leaving the same number of spaces in between each term to be intact. Here in the example, there are 4 spacings between term " ABC " and " 111 ", and i tried the below awk codes but they don;t work. Can anybody give me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strip out common terms in string

Hi, I have this kinda of data:- 0,0,0,0,1,2,0,4,5,6,7,foo 0,0,0,0,1,4,0,5,5,5,5,foo1 0,0,6,0,1,6,0,6,1,2,3,orange etc... I wanted to remove the 0 which occur on the same rows of foo,foo1 and orange in this case. Desired output is:- 0,1,2,4,5,6,7,foo 0,1,4,5,5,5,5,foo1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining Word Frequency of Specific Terms

Hello, I require a perl script that will read a .txt file that contains words like 224.199.207.IN-ADDR.ARPA. IN NS NS1.internet.com. 4.200.162.207.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR beeriftw.internet.com. arroyoeinternet.com. IN A 200.199.227.49 I want to focus on words: IN... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping multiple terms with different arguments

Grep -e 'term1' -A1 -e 'term2' -A3The above code always searches for either term and prints results + next three lines. I'm trying to print out: foo foo foo term1 bar bar bar line right after the above -- la la la la term2 so so so line right after the above and again and again I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkozel
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate terms in a file

Hi everybody I have a .txt file that contains some assembly code for optimizing it i need to remove some replicated parts. for example I have:e_li r0,-1 e_li r25,-1 e_lis r25,0000 add r31, r31 ,r0 e_li r28,-1 e_lis r28,0000 add r31, r31 ,r0 e_li r28,-1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
3 Replies
PODPATH(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       PODPATH(1p)

NAME
podpath - print the path to the pod DESCRIPTION
This is just a front-end that calls either stdpods or pmpath depending on what it looks like. It works on both regular the standard podpages and the module ones. EXAMPLES
$ podpath Cwd /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Cwd.pm It works with alternate installations, too: $ devperl -S podpath perlfunc /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/pod/perlfunc.pod $ oldperl -S podpath IO::Handle /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404/IO/Handle.pm $ filsperl -S podpath Thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread.pm SEE ALSO
stdpods(1), pmpath(1), perlmodlib(1). AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PODPATH(1p)