Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting equivalent of ptree command in zsh Post 302135688 by porter on Tuesday 11th of September 2007 07:07:07 PM
Old 09-11-2007
Most probably that is down to the environment "PATH" being different in different shells.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a String as a command, zsh.

I have a shell script that is building a string that consists of the parts of a command that I want run at the end of the string. So it looks like this: $PART1=/path/to/command $PART2="-arg1" $PART3="-arg2" and so on. At the end of the command is a list of files I get from a loop and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drnkhmlck
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalent command to 'stat'

Can anyone tell me which is the equivalent command to 'stats' in ksh shell which discribes the file system? Thanks in advance Regards, Im_new (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need svcs equivalent command

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. Can someboby help me with the svcs equivalent command in HP-UX ??? svcs is command that we use in Solaris for service status. I need to get the status of services in HP-UX. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ptree equivalent for IBM machine

Hi does anyone know of the equivalent of "ptree <PID>" command which can be used on IBM (AIX) machine. I was trying to use "ptref" but it produces too many lines of "unrelated " to the PID output. May be someone has this issue before. Thanks a lot -A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running zsh command in tcsh

Hi all is there a way to run zsh commands in a tcsh shell thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

6. Linux

similar command of ptree in linux

Hello guys, Is there any command to check the all child processes of a process like `ptree`? ptree is not working in Linux.. Regards, Raghu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies

7. AIX

smitty equivalent command line command

i know after you do something in smitty via the gui, you can click something in smitty that will show you how to do the same thing via the command line, (not using the gui) can anyone tell me how (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Banner command equivalent in Linux

Hi guys can i get banner equivalent command in linux. I am using Linux xcclx0619.target.com 2.6.18-308.11.1.el5xen #1 SMP Fri Jun 15 16:19:17 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create the equivalent of the command WC

hi all, i'm trying to do this exercise, i want to create a script that can substitute WC command in unix, can someone help me? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marina2013
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run bash command inside zsh script

Hi, I would like to run following code in bash inside a zsh script. (In this case is output unfortunately very different if you run it in zsh). I tried to put "bash" in front of the code but I obtained following error message "bash: do: No such file or directory " eve though I merged the whole... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamcamonty
7 Replies
GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)

NAME
git-peek-remote - List the references in a remote repository SYNOPSIS
git peek-remote [--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack>] [<host>:]<directory> DESCRIPTION
This command is deprecated; use git ls-remote instead. OPTIONS
--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack> Use this to specify the path to git-upload-pack on the remote side, if it is not found on your $PATH. Some installations of sshd ignores the user's environment setup scripts for login shells (e.g. .bash_profile) and your privately installed git may not be found on the system default $PATH. Another workaround suggested is to set up your $PATH in ".bashrc", but this flag is for people who do not want to pay the overhead for non-interactive shells, but prefer having a lean .bashrc file (they set most of the things up in .bash_profile). <host> A remote host that houses the repository. When this part is specified, git-upload-pack is invoked via ssh. <directory> The repository to sync from. AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)