Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX reomote serve
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX reomote serve Post 302135630 by hassanj on Tuesday 11th of September 2007 06:38:12 AM
Old 09-11-2007
AIX reomote serve

i am on win 2000 reomting into aix unix server, i need to copy a file from
/tmp to my win 200 desktop, can anyone help with the command i need to use.

also, if a want to view a file in this directory how do i open it?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

to serve or be served??

I have two machines on my network - one OSX mac and one linux box. The mac is my main workhorse, and the linux box does occasional chores and webserving. Currently the mac shares (via NFS) files with the Liinux box. Would it be less demanding on the mac if I made it a client, and moved my files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mistafeesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take file from SAP server to local serve automatically

Hi, I have problem in writing the UNIX scripts,I have one SAP server and my local server .I want to take one file from SAP server to my local server weekly bases I want to write one UNIX scripts which will automatically takes that file from SAP server to my server.so I need not need to pull the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohsin22021987
1 Replies

3. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

4. Web Development

I need apache to serve images from localhost instead of appserver

I have an apache/2.2.15 server centos 6.3 The apache server will be serving jboss app via mod_proxy (got that working) But... I need to serve the images from a local directory on the apache server. Here is my configuration. When I got to the site, I get 404s for all the images. What am I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
5 Replies

5. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

6. AIX

Rebooting redundant VIOs and mirroring of PVs they serve to client LPARs

need to confirm: we have a system with two VIOs each serving a partition on a local disk to a client LPAR. That client LPAR has them both in a VG which is mirrored (exact). So each disk has a copy of the client LV that the client VG supports. This is the setup that was bequeathed to us by the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

7. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
win(1)							      General Commands Manual							    win(1)

NAME
win - Terminal emulator SYNOPSIS
win [-v] [-t name] [command [argument ...]] address OPTIONS
-v If the -v option is present, win prints its version number and date and exits. -tname If the -t option is present, win uses +name as the final part of the tag name of its window. DESCRIPTION
win must be able to connect to a running wily(1). win attaches to a window. If the -t option is present, the final part of the tag name is name. If command is present, the final part of the tag name is +command. Otherwise, the final part of the tag name is +win. The first part of the tag name is the current working directory. win runs a program in a child process. The child process is the leader of a process group and is connected to win by a pseudo-terminal. If command is specified, the child process runs $SHELL -c 'command argument ...' otherwise it runs $SHELL -i If SHELL is not found in the environment, /bin/sh is used. TERM=win is placed in the environment of the running program. Output from the running command appears in the window. The point after the last output from the running command is known as the output point. Further output from the running command appears just before the output point. The output point is initially at the end of the win- dow. Normal wily editing commands work in the window. When a newline, interrupt character, or end-of-file character is created after the output point, the text between the output point and the last newline, interrupt character, or end-of-file character in the window (inclusive) is passed to the running program as input. The interrupt character is control-C and the end-of-file character is control-D. The pseudo-terminal initially is configured so that these are recognized with their normal meanings. The B2 commands beginning with the |, <, or > characters or an upper case letter are executed normally by wily. Other B2 are first termi- nated with a newline, if they are not already, and are then appended to the buffer (and thereafter passed to the running program). RETURNS
win returns zero if it is able to successfully create the child process, otherwise it returns non-zero. EXAMPLES
Run a terminal emulator within wily win Run FTP within wily win ftp Run rlogin within wily win -t host.domain rlogin -8 host.domain SEE ALSO
wily(1) Tag(1) Man(1) BUGS
win doesn't follow changes to the terminal attributes. In particular, there is no way to stop echoing or to change its concept of the interrupt and eof characters. rlogin seems to need -8 and, annoyingly, sets echo and onlcr. The latter can be fixed in your .rcrc: if ( ~ $TERM win ) { stty -echo -onlcr } win doesn't follow changes to the terminal attributes. In particular, there is no way to stop echoing or to change its concept of the interrupt and eof characters. WEdestroy messages aren't yet passed by wily. Thus, Del and Delcol can delete the window yet leave win running. There is a race condition; the user can press newline and then delete text before win has a chance to read it. AUTHOR
win was originally written by Gary Capell (gary@cs.su.oz.au). Alan Watson (alan@oldp.nmsu.edu) rewrote it and added support for arguments, pseudo-terminals instead of pipes, and execution of certain B2 commands by wily. The pseudo-terminal support in 9term, written by Matty Farrow (matty@cs.su.oz.au), was a great help. 1R1.1L1 of 1D1 win(1)