Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed -r problem in AIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed -r problem in AIX Post 302135604 by sridhusha on Tuesday 11th of September 2007 01:49:59 AM
Old 09-11-2007
sed -r problem in AIX

I tried with following command also, still its not working in AIX Box.

sed 's/build=.*/build=new_build/' test

Please help me some body ASAP on this command.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing semicolon using sed in aix--urgent

hi I have an expression aaabbb; xxx xxxi i need to get the ouput as xxx xxxi i am using sed -e 's/\(*;\)//g' but it is not working..?? can some one suggest.. This is urgent (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX Korn shell sed -s problem

In a Korn shell script I have, cat ../header | sed -e 's/flag1/$cnumb/g' > header.txt The header is short {{Company flag1}} But the result in header.txt is {{Company $cnumb}} The value of $cnumb is 120. I am trying to get the value of $cnumb into the header. I have tried /'$cnumb'/g,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcarrott
10 Replies

3. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED on AIX Limitation

Hello, I have a problem running a script created in ksh for Linux (Tested on Debian 5.0, Ubuntu Server 10.04 and RHEL 5.1), it works properly. :b: I trying to pass it to a AIX 5.3. :wall: The problem is the character limit of 256 on a command system and SED. I need to cut the contents of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis.spa
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run Sed in AIX

Hi All, I've wrote a script to truncate newline characters in a text file. Could you please help me in figuring out the issue :confused: for file in $Filelist; do echo $file; FileName=`basename $file`; sed 's/^M//g' $file> "${file}"2; mv "${file}"2 "${file}"; sed '1d' "${file}"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate for sed -i in AIX

Experts, At the moment I am working in AIX box where sed -i is not available. My requirement is as below Two files file1 and file2. file1 contains the IP address, its count. file2 contains the Hostname and its corresponding IP address. I would like get the IP address replaced with the apt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX sed/awk

I'm trying to change the pam.conf file like below. ssh auth required /usr/lib/security/pam_prohibit ssh account required /usr/lib/security/pam_prohibit emagent auth required /usr/lib/security/pam_prohibit emagent account required ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find / sed on lnx/AIX/sun

Hello @all first of all in the best case this script has to work on every os (lnx/aix/sun). It's very simple what it should do. I have a standard path and I'll call it for this example /myhome/scripts Within this path there are more files and folders and some of them are tagged with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miniqpa
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX sed use space as delimiter

I am trying to do this with one small tweak. I would also like to use a space as a delimiter. sed 's/ */\ /g' file This is what my file looks like. server1, server2, server3 server4 server5 server6 I would like it to look like this. server1 server2 server3 server4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change your login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-s shell] [-l] [-u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change your login shell. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh prompts for one. chsh is used to change local entries only. Use ypchsh, lchsh or any other implementation for non-local entries. OPTIONS
-s, --shell shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. VALID SHELLS
chsh will accept the full pathname of any executable file on the system. However, it will issue a warning if the shell is not listed in the /etc/shells file. On the other hand, it can also be configured such that it will only accept shells listed in this file, unless you are root. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chsh command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHSH(1)