Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to diagnosis the problem on Solaris 10 for DB startup Post 302135411 by zazzybob on Sunday 9th of September 2007 07:23:31 AM
Old 09-09-2007
Add something like this to the top of your Oracle start script

Code:
set -x
exec 1>/tmp/stdout.log
exec 2>/tmp/stderr.log

Review the logs and see if that highlights anything.

Cheers,
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with the startup

I have installed free bsd, and it won't reboot on it. I got win on disk 1 and on disk 2 is free bsd. Is there an optoin tha do so u could choose betwen win or free bsd? Is there an option in the installation that maybe I have missed? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Rudiment
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

databse startup problem

i have oracle database startup problem. i have installed oracle8i(8.1.7) on windowsXP i have configured everything properly but i m unable to start database automatically and for this when i checked services of database it shows starting not started so i have to start it manually.Can u plz tell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] startup script on solaris 8

hi experts, i have some problem with my solaris 8 v890 server, is : the server running process called SS7 below is example process : PID STAT MODE HOST MUX OBJECT 384 ok LX|A USSDGmdn-1a spm/0 daemon 385 ok LX|A USSDGmdn-1a spm/2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

4. Solaris

X server startup on Solaris 9

Hi, I have Solaris 9 installed on a SunFire V880. When the machine boots up, I get a message, "the X-server cannot be started on display:0". I searched the forum for possible solution, however, they are not applicable to my problem for two reasons: either the platform is different or the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purveshkhatri
6 Replies

5. Linux

startup problem

Hello: I have a little problem, I have Windows Xp in my desktop, yesterday I installed centos 5. Now when the Pc starts it goes directly to windows and I do not have the option to start centos. Xp and centos are in the same disk. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Nis startup in Solaris 8

Hello How can I check to see when nis server is starting? I look at /etc/rc2.d/ but I don't see it in there. Every time we have power outage problem. I have to start autof service manual. So I think it might have to do with nis server services. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congngo
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance diagnosis & tuning

Hi, I am facing a strange issue. Application is deployed in a cluster with 2 Unix nodes (with same configuration). On one node the application is working fine but on another node we see this behavior I found using vmstat- when the server is not yet started everything is OK; when you start the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash.abrol
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Is there a way to debug the startup on Solaris?

Is there a way to debug the startup on a VT100 running Solaris 5? I have a problem related to file attributes that are resetting to there prior settings when the machine reboots. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcz2it
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 startup scripts

Hi all, I have a server in maintenance mode and need to boot it up. Its due to a broken service "RepX". I need to stop the service from trying to start at boot up but i can't find where it is booting up from... it is not in any of the rcX.d directories and the two locations i have found it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
6 Replies

10. Hardware

Hardware Diagnosis

Hello everyone, I'm having an odd problem I've never encountered before and I'm at the point where the only things I have not replaced are the CPUs, Motherboard and Power Supply. The errors: : CPU:0 MC4_STATUS: 0xdc2b400013080a13 : MC4_ADDR: 0x0000000001017d80 : Northbridge Error (node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: WrinkledCheese
5 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)