Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Mac.. PC.. how do I share files with each other on the same router??? Post 302135376 by cassj on Saturday 8th of September 2007 03:46:36 PM
Old 09-08-2007
You're question isn't very clear. Do you want to send files from your Mac at work to your PC at home? If so why? Are you just wanting to get your work files on your PC at home? I would just use a thumb drive.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] How to share the DVD-drive with Mac OSX NFS

:confused: Hi, im a newbie with a mac osx problem: i can't share the DVD-drive of my macbook pro with NFS: OSX 10.5.8: My /etc/exports: /Users/NFS -mapall=502 -ro -network 192.168.1.0 -mask 255.255.255.0 /Volumes/MIT_HERZ_UND_HAND/VIDEO_TS -maproot=502 -ro the /Users/NFS share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joker45
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies
SW_VERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SW_VERS(1)

NAME
sw_vers -- print Mac OS X operating system version information SYNOPSIS
sw_vers sw_vers -productName sw_vers -productVersion sw_vers -buildVersion DESCRIPTION
sw_vers prints version information about the Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server operating system running on the local machine. When executed with no options sw_vers prints a short list of version properties: % sw_vers ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.3 BuildVersion: 7A100 The ProductName property provides the name of the operating system release (typically either "Mac OS X" or "Mac OS X Server"). The ProductVersion property defines the version of the operating system release (for example, "10.2.4" or "10.3"). The BuildVersion property provides the specific revision of the operating system as generated by the Mac OS X build system. OPTIONS
The output of sw_vers can be refined by the following options. -productName Print just the value of the ProductName property. -productVersion Print just the value of the ProductVersion property. -buildVersion Print just the value of the BuildVersion property. EXAMPLES
% sw_vers -productName Mac OS X % sw_vers -productVersion 10.3 % sw_vers -buildVersion 7A100 FILES
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist /System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist Mac OS X March 10, 2003 Mac OS X