Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to find a file and send a mail Post 302135258 by jayaramanit on Friday 7th of September 2007 04:57:13 AM
Old 09-07-2007
thanks for your reply.suppose we want to send the content of the file as mail means how to do that......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files older than 30mins,count and send mail

Hi all, I wrote this script to find files older than time parameter, count the number of files, and send an email to me that some files are in a particular folder. For the particular path, the script should wait delay parameter before running again. For example, assuming the input file looks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script which can send file to diffrent mail ids.

Hi i am looking for the script which can send file to different mailids, please halp me out. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Send Mail by Parameters avec Attached file

Hi i have a script for show the information files. ls -l how do you for to place this result in a file of text and to send it attached for e-mail. The information of the mail must be in paramentros. for example e-mail to I must write the e-mail, the subject and the motive of the mail! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krlos07
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP simple script to find e-mail address on a file

Hello guys, im new to to unix/linux i have a text file like this: person1@test.com iisiiasasas person2@test.com 123w2 3233 sajsja person3@test.com jsajjsa sajsjasaj person4@test.com I want to extract only e-mail address and get rid of all other stuff, i want an output like this ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RazorMX
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & send a mail conformation for any error

ENVIROMENT Linux: RHEL 6.4 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs Log Format: user.log.03-15-2015 I have log4j log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I need a script that will run daily that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_job_admin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail using find command?

Hello, I wanted to send mail to multiple receiptant by using uuencode with find command. I have used the below find command to search a file, which generating daily at the particular time. . find . -type f -mtime -1 -printf '%f %TH:%TM\n' | awk '$NF>"06:40" && $NF<"06:50" {print $1}' I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file if not found send mail if exit call second script

I need to check my script and change to working mode. currently it was not sending the mail and exit without calling the second script. I need to check the file is present ="/home/Rvtools/test.csv" if this file not found after the time retry send mail file not found If the file exit run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
2 Replies
mlmmj-send(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mlmmj-send(1)

NAME
mlmmj-send - send mail to a mailinglist or similar SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-send [-L /path/to/list | -l listctrl] -m /path/to/mail [-a] [-D] [-F] [-h] [-o] [-r] [-R] [-s] [-T] [-V] -a: Don't archive the mail -D: Don't delete the mail after it's sent -F: What to use as MAIL FROM: -h: This help -l: List control variable. -L: Full path to list directory -m: Full path to mail file -o: Address to omit from distribution (normal mail only) -r: Relayhost IP address (defaults to 127.0.0.1) -R: What to use as Reply-To: header -s: Subscribers file name -T: What to use as RCPT TO: -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This binary is used to send all kinds of mail to mlmmj managed mailinglists, but can potentially be used standalone for sending mails. The only option that is not self explanatory is the -l list control option: '1' means 'send a single mail' This is used together with -F and -T to send one mail to one recipient. '2' means 'mail to moderators' Used for sending mails to the moderators of a list. '3' means 'resend failed list mail' '4' means 'send to file with recipients' '5' means 'bounceprobe' '6' means 'single listmail to single recipient' BUGS
This manual page is very scarce documentation of the mlmmj-send binary. The reason for this is that it's really not supposed to be used by any human, but only supposed to be invoked from other mlmmj binaries. So in case more documentation is needed, please read the source. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-send January 2010 mlmmj-send(1)