Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shellscript problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users shellscript problem Post 302135220 by zing_foru on Friday 7th of September 2007 02:05:20 AM
Old 09-07-2007
Try below code

#!/bin/csh -f

sqlplus tkyte/tkyte << "EOF"
set serveroutput on
declare
a number:=5;
begin
dbms_output.put_line( 'a:='||a );
end;
/
spool off
"EOF" >> tmp.csh 2>&1

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Shellscript

I am new to UNIX. I got the file from Oracle, with two columns (Table Name and Column Name). I need to create the shell script where the result suppose to include plain text, <table_name>, <Column_name> from the file. Plain text will be the statements to create index in Oracle. something like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newuser100
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shellscript

Hello. I am a novince at writing shell scripts but here is the question. I have to write a shell script that does the following: Once executed via crontab, the script should do the following: a. get date/time stamp in for format 10-MAR-05 and b. execute shell script my_script.sh (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Problem in Shellscript

Hi, i have a problem with sed i want to substitude a / to ",""," in the following pattern: number/number so if u have a file which contains -> "Streetname 9/8/6" it shouldn't substitude anything, only if it is "Streetname 9/6" to "Streetname 9","","6". Maybe you can help me, i try so many... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urukai
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of UI using shellscript

Hi, I want to do automation on UI using shellscript. eg: 1) Drop down menu contains assign , investigate, closed. now there is one id want assign it using assign tab then need to investigate it and lastly close. Sometimes the id can't assign to perticular user. there are so many... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition in shellscript

Hi All, I tried below code getting error. AD=0 ZERO=0 if then echo "AD is zero select another symbol" fi syntax error near unexpected token `fi' plz help me to solve this error (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shellscript

I am new in shell script i want to convert .txt file in the format axsjdijdjjdk to a x s j d i j d j j d k (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with the FTP shellscript

Hi Friends I am new to the shell script and i have a script which will connect to server enviornment which will read a file and will FTP to an another server location. But while executing this script FTP transfer is not occuring. But when I enter in FTP mode I am able to transfer the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk in shellscript

Dear Members, I have the following situation I do not understand: I have a large json encoded file which I need to grep and afterwards want to extract specific information. I use this command to to that: cat /tmp/file | awk -F '"fields":' '{print $2}' | awk -F '"description":' '{print $4}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crumble
6 Replies
RESIZE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RESIZE(1)

NAME
resize - set TERMCAP and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [ -u | -c ] [ -s [ row col ] ] DESCRIPTION
Resize prints a shell command for setting the TERM and TERMCAP environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm window from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the follow- ing alias could be defined in the user's .cshrc: % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that don't have command functions will need to send the output to a tempo- rary file and the read it back in with the ``.'' command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: -u This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/sh. -c This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/csh. -s [rows columns] This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the special xterm escape code. If rows and columns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. FILES
/etc/termcap for the base termcap entry to modify. ~/.cshrc user's alias for the command. SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(1) for a complete copyright notice. BUGS
The -u or -c must appear to the left of -s if both are specified. X Version 11 Release 6.3 RESIZE(1)