Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to clear screen in GDB session Post 302135199 by porter on Thursday 6th of September 2007 10:59:58 PM
Old 09-06-2007
shell clear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to clear screen

I searched the post and someone said to clear the screen in C, use printf("\033[2J"); ?? However, this doesn't work...typo or no. What is an equivalent command to 'CLS' in DOS/'clear' in UNIX to clear the screen and go to top of screen?? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
2 Replies

2. Programming

clear screen

what is the syntax for clearing the screen in c ? when i tried "Clrscr()" the CC complier does not reconise it. please do tell me more about this. thanking you imma (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

My screen saver for a plain session

Good day. :) I don't know exactly where or how to post this kind of stuff, but I though I'd like to have a look at my "Screen Saver" in progress. Comments welcome. This uses bash. Just copy and pase into any file. Make o+x and run. Feel free to edit and change all u like. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blooper
0 Replies

4. Programming

clear screen in g++

How do I clear screen in g++ I've included curses and tried compile with lcurses as per gcc but fails, I can clear by using system("clear") but would prefer to use the curses library if possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear screen in NAWK

Hello guys, I wonder if it is possible to clear out the screen in AWK. I'm printing out mail messages and I would like every message starting on the beginning of the screen. When I use FOR loop and printf("\n") it clears out the screen but my text is somewhere in the middle of the screen. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petoSVK
2 Replies

6. Fedora

default session in screen command

Hello sir, Im in a Fedora 9 system. Im using screen to invoke the session that is created by me. Whenever we open the terminal then a session is created by the operating system. I want to know what is the name of default session in screen command. I could not get it using "screen -ls". Can you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear Screen Command for BASH shell

I am unable to use clear or cls command on bash shell. I have recently installed Cygwin and am using that for practicing unix commands. I see that I can use Ctrl + L to clear the screen. I created an alias in my .bashrc to do the same as alias cls='^L' This is how i defined other aliases ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erora
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print from screen session

Hello everyone, Following command sends word 'test' followed by an enter into a screen session (in our case screen_1). How do I print the result, if that would result ? How do I print the result, even if the program running in the session is locked ? Thank you :) screen -S screen_1 -X... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akula_1986
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting and screen session

hi, i am on AIX 5.3. I would like to write scripts that initiate or reattach to a screen session to run some commands either from unix or Universe. Can anyone assist me with a with a wuick primer on this. I can attach or initiate a screen manually and then run the commands but I would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustytina
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clear specific part of the screen

I want to clear specific part of the screen. Say for example , i am running a bash script for i in {1..100} do echo "Current Record = $i" done if i use a clear command over there , it will clear my screen however when i scroll up i would have the old records , is there anyway in unix to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies
ENVSTORE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       ENVSTORE(1)

NAME
envstore -- save and restore environment variables SYNOPSIS
envstore command [args ...] DESCRIPTION
envstore can save and restore environment variables, thus transferring them between different shells. command must be one of clear Forget all stored variables eval Produce shell code for evaluation, restoring all saved variables list List saved variables in better readable format save variable [value] Save variable either with its current shell value or with value rm variable Remove variable from store Note: Only the first character of command is checked, so envstore e instead of envstore eval, envstore c for envstore clear, etc., are also valid. ENVIRONMENT
ENVSTORE_FILE The file in which the environment parameters are stored, /tmp/envstore-EUID by default, LIMITATIONS
Variable names or values must not contain null bytes or newlines. Due to limitations imposed by most shells, it is not possible to save parameters containing more than one consecutive whitespace. envstore will save and display them correctly, but unless you do IFS trickery, your shell will not be able to load them. The current maximum length (in bytes) is 255 bytes for the variable name and 1023 bytes for its content. AUTHOR
envstore was written by Daniel Friesel <derf@derf.homelinux.org>. Original idea and script by Maximilian Gass <mxey@ghosthacking.net>. SEE ALSO
envify(1) BSD
December 1, 2009 BSD