Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting connecting to remote db from unix script Post 302135132 by DILEEP410 on Thursday 6th of September 2007 04:41:11 AM
Old 09-06-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotronic
Yes it's right. The connect string's part after the "@" character (or the evaluated TWO_TASK variable) must always be resolved into 4 pieces of information: an IP address and port number of a remote listener, the network protocol and the instance name you wish to connect to. If you use local naming resolution (tnsnames.ora on the client side), then the alias you specify has all the informations oracle needs for contacting the remote site and asking the listener to spawn a new server process (or redirect your request to a dispatcher if you're using mts) and initiate a session for serving your request.
Ok.fine i understood,but i am confused at the line in red in your reply.What is mts?Is it any method of connecting to a remote database without using tnsnames.ora file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting and Querying DB2 database from Unix Script?

I am trying to develop a script that can connect to a DB2 database mainframe and Query the database and display the results. I've been researching, but I have yet to find a definitive solution where I can enter in the Mainframe DB2 address db2:// and query the database and return the results. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote unix server using java?

I need help writing java code that can connect to a remote unix server, and run a script on that server. I have scoured the internet, but I have been unable to find proper documentation on how this can be accomplished. Any help is appreciated thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: developncode
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script for connecting unix system.

Hi All, I've a log file call netbackup.log in all the 5 servers in location usr/netbackup.log. I dont want to login in each server and check the log file. So i wanted to have a script written to have the log information at one place. I want to have the last 2 lines from the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Connecting to a remote server

Hi, I have an interesting problem. I cannot connect to a personal server I set up. What's interesting is that I can connect to it from the LAN using its non-local IP address. However, I cannot seem to connect to it from anywhere else. Here's how my server is set up: My entire home has a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Altay_H
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix FTP Script connecting through proxy Not working

Hi All, can some one please help me to solve this issue, its urgent:confused: We need to FTP a file form our Unix server to an external client FTP location. I am trying to connect to the proxy server first and then use the below USER comment to connect to the external FTP server, and its working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesusJoseph
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to table to extract multiple rows into file from unix script

I need to extract the data from oracle table and written the below code. But it is not working.There is some problem with the query and output is shown is No rows selected" . If I run the same query from sql developer there is my required output. And if I run the shell script with simple sql... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL block in a Shell Script connecting to a local and remote DB

Hi All, In a Shell scriipt with a SQL block I want to issue a query against a local DB and a remote DB on a remote server. The shell script is running locally. This is how I connect to the local server. But I want the query to reference remote table in the join. Question can I specify a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to remote host

Checking crontab job entry in 3 different hosts Hi Gurus, I am trying to connect to remote host from current host to check crontab entries. I have started like this ssh -n -l db2psp 205.191.156.17 ". ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; cd log ;ls | wc -l" I got this error ? ssh:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Windows server from UNIX through script

I am trying to connect to a Windows server say 10.1.1.10. This servers has a folder named RAJ in which there are multiple .zip files. All these zip files contain a text file called XYZ.txt. Now i have to merge the content of these XYZ.txt files from each of the .zip file and create a new text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapniljadav
1 Replies
POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy - A PoCo-IRC plugin that provides a lightweight IRC proxy/bouncer SYNOPSIS
use strict; use warnings; use POE qw(Component::IRC::State Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector); my $irc = POE::Component::IRC::State->spawn(); POE::Session->create( package_states => [ main => [ qw(_start) ], ], heap => { irc => $irc }, ); $poe_kernel->run(); sub _start { my ($kernel, $heap) = @_[KERNEL, HEAP]; $heap->{irc}->yield( register => 'all' ); $heap->{proxy} = POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy->new( bindport => 6969, password => "m00m00" ); $heap->{irc}->plugin_add( 'Connector' => POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Connector->new() ); $heap->{irc}->plugin_add( 'Proxy' => $heap->{proxy} ); $heap->{irc}->yield ( connect => { Nick => 'testbot', Server => 'someserver.com' } ); return; } DESCRIPTION
POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy is a POE::Component::IRC plugin that provides lightweight IRC proxy/bouncer server to your POE::Component::IRC bots. It enables multiple IRC clients to be hidden behind a single IRC client-server connection. Spawn a POE::Component::IRC::State session and add in a POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy plugin object, specifying a bindport and a password the connecting IRC clients have to use. When the component is connected to an IRC network a listening port is opened by the plugin for multiple IRC clients to connect. Neat, huh? >;o) This plugin will activate POE::Component::IRC's raw events ("irc_raw") by calling "$irc->raw_events(1)". This plugin requires the IRC component to be POE::Component::IRC::State or a subclass thereof. METHODS
"new" Takes a number of arguments: 'password', the password to require from connecting clients; 'bindaddress', a local address to bind the listener to, default is 'localhost'; 'bindport', what port to bind to, default is 0, ie. randomly allocated by OS; Returns an object suitable for passing to POE::Component::IRC's "plugin_add" method. "getsockname" Takes no arguments. Accesses the listeners "getsockname" method. See POE::Wheel::SocketFactory for details of the return value; "list_wheels" Takes no arguments. Returns a list of wheel ids of the current connected clients. "wheel_info" Takes one parameter, a wheel ID to query. Returns undef if an invalid wheel id is passed. In a scalar context returns the time that the client connected in unix time. In a list context returns a list consisting of the peer address, port, tthe connect time and the lag in seconds for that connection. OUTPUT EVENTS
The plugin emits the following POE::Component::IRC events: "irc_proxy_up" Emitted when the listener is successfully started. "ARG0" is the result of the listener "getsockname". "irc_proxy_connect" Emitted when a client connects to the listener. "ARG0" is the wheel ID of the client. "irc_proxy_rw_fail" Emitted when the POE::Wheel::ReadWrite fails on a connection. "ARG0" is the wheel ID of the client. "irc_proxy_authed" Emitted when a connecting client successfully negotiates an IRC session with the plugin. "ARG0" is the wheel ID of the client. "irc_proxy_close" Emitted when a connected client disconnects. "ARG0" is the wheel ID of the client. "irc_proxy_down" Emitted when the listener is successfully shutdown. "ARG0" is the result of the listener "getsockname". QUIRKS
Connecting IRC clients will not be able to change nickname. This is a feature. AUTHOR
Chris 'BinGOs' Williams SEE ALSO
POE::Component::IRC POE::Component::IRC::State perl v5.14.2 2011-12-07 POE::Component::IRC::Plugin::Proxy(3pm)