Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris X server startup on Solaris 9 Post 302135071 by porter on Wednesday 5th of September 2007 08:36:26 PM
Old 09-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by purveshkhatri
Thanks for the quick reply. If I comment out the line for :0 screen in the Xservers file, where will it start the X server? Will I see the graphical login?
Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you didn't want the X server started.

Do you have a graphics card?

Otherwise you can use an Xterminal to look at it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting jabber server on startup

Fedora Core2 Jabberd 1.4.2 quickstart Anyone using a jabber server? Do you know how to have it startup when booting? I can't seem to figure that part out. Jeff (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Startup error: The X-server can not be started on display :0...

Earlier today SPARCBOOK 5000 was working, but was asked to upgrade an application on it. 1. uninstalled application 2. loaded latest solaris 8 recommended cluster (downloaded it yesterday). 3. reboot machine after patch update On reboot all looks OK upto the point it attempts to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: devonthomas384@
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] startup script on solaris 8

hi experts, i have some problem with my solaris 8 v890 server, is : the server running process called SS7 below is example process : PID STAT MODE HOST MUX OBJECT 384 ok LX|A USSDGmdn-1a spm/0 daemon 385 ok LX|A USSDGmdn-1a spm/2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to diagnosis the problem on Solaris 10 for DB startup

I run Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 Sparc machine. I created a dbora file to automatically start Oracle database when UNIX system reboot. I created this dbora file under /etc/init.d, Then link it to /etc/rc0.d/K10dbora and /etc/rc2.d/S99dbora. When I reboot solaris 10 system to test this script. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Nis startup in Solaris 8

Hello How can I check to see when nis server is starting? I look at /etc/rc2.d/ but I don't see it in there. Every time we have power outage problem. I have to start autof service manual. So I think it might have to do with nis server services. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: congngo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Startup and shutdown a server

Are rc scripts executed serially or all at the same time. Is there a way to see this happen? A log file or the syslogd? This is Solaris 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startup jobs on linux server

I run a raq550 on strongbolt2 (Centos 4.8). I check my logwatch every morning and this morning a new entry appeared (below) that I haven't seen before. --------------------- Cron Begin ------------------------ **Unmatched Entries** STARTUP (V5.0) INFO (@reboot jobs will be run at computer's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonj
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

vnc server or x11vnc @ startup

Dear all, I am using Fedora15 kde I have installed Real vnc (server & viewer) real vnc Viewer is working fine - i like this. real vnc server has License period expired problem (i dont know how to add) I have x11vnc server (Desktop sharing) installed - Its working fine too. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Is there a way to debug the startup on Solaris?

Is there a way to debug the startup on a VT100 running Solaris 5? I have a problem related to file attributes that are resetting to there prior settings when the machine reboots. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcz2it
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 startup scripts

Hi all, I have a server in maintenance mode and need to boot it up. Its due to a broken service "RepX". I need to stop the service from trying to start at boot up but i can't find where it is booting up from... it is not in any of the rcX.d directories and the two locations i have found it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
6 Replies
NWFSTIME(1)							     nwfstime							       NWFSTIME(1)

NAME
nwfstime - Display / Set a NetWare server's date and time SYNOPSIS
nwfstime [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -s ] DESCRIPTION
nwfstime displays a NetWare server's date and time. You can also set a NetWare server's date and time from the local time. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfstime prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -s With -s, nwfstime sets the file server's date and time according to the local date and time. nwfstime 12/10/1996 NWFSTIME(1)