Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Things in tutorials that don't work. Post 302134889 by arungavali on Tuesday 4th of September 2007 07:56:32 AM
Old 09-04-2007
Things in tutorials that don't work.

I am thankful for this site and for the many links provided. I have been going through one of the tutorials, but as I try some things, they don't seem to work.

I am wondering if there is something I need first before being able to use a tutorial (like version number (HP-UX) or how I am getting to it (Exceed))?

Then, are there specific tutorials written for each particular version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How come sigs don't work?

They appear to be turned on, I entered mine in. The check boxes are all checked. And yet, no sigs? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
4 Replies

2. Programming

why printf() function don't go work?

I use FreeBSD,and use signal,like follows: signal(SIGHUP,sig_hup); signal(SIGIO,sig_io); when I run call following code,it can run,but I find a puzzled question,it should print some information,such as printf("execute main()") will print execute main(),but in fact,printf fuction print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use variable in sed don't work.

Hi all. I have a script as below: cutmth=`TZ=CST+2160 date +%b` export cutmth echo $cutmth >> date.log sed -n "/$cutmth/$p" alert_sbdev1.log > alert_summ.log My purpose is to run through the alert_sbdev1.log and find the 1st occurence of 'Jan' and send everything after that line to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
4 Replies

4. Programming

why daytime don't work?

Following code is detecting solaris daytime,when I run it,I can't get any result,code is follows: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define BUFFSIZE 150 int main(){ ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Programming

why printf don't work?

I use Solaris 10, I use following code: #include <signal.h> int main(void){ printf("----------testing-----------"); if(signal(SIGUSR1,sig_usr)==SIG_ERR) err_sys("can't catch SIGUSR1"); for(;;) pause(); sig_user(int signo){ ..... } when I run above code,it print nothing... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

awk don't work in hp-ux 11.11

Hello all! I have problem in hp-ux 11.11 in awk I want to grep sar -d 2 1 only 3 column, but have error in awk in hp-ux 11.11 Example: #echo 123 234 | awk '{print $2}' 123 234 The situattions in commands bdf | awk {print $5}' some... In hp-ux 11.31 - OK! How resolve problem (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ostapv
15 Replies

7. Solaris

Open Terminal Don't work

Hi, I installed solaris 10 x86 on my local system. it was working fine. today when i started the system, it started up without any problem. when i tried to open the terminal it didn't open any terminal. Plz help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
0 Replies

8. Programming

Shell copy command don't work

I want copy Files: But cp don't work: shell_exec("cp ".$pfad." ".$genzone); shell_exec("cp ../Chrysanthemum.jpg ../test"); Whats wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Equivalence classes don't work

Hello: I can't get equivalence classes to work in globs or when passing them to tr. If I understood correctly, matches e, é, è, ê, etc. But when using them with utilities like tr they don't work. Here's an example found in the POSIX standard: I decided to create the aforementioned files in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
9 Replies
k3d(1)							      General Commands Manual							    k3d(1)

NAME
k3d - 3D modeling and animation system SYNOPSIS
k3d [options] DESCRIPTION
K-3D is a free (as in freedom) 3D modeling, animation, and rendering system for GNU/Linux and Win32. K-3D features a robust, object-ori- ented plugin architecture and is capable of producing motion-picture-quality output when paired with a RenderMan Interface compliant render engine such as Aqsis. Please visit http://www.k-3d.org for more information. OPTIONS
--add-path [path] Prepends a filesystem path to the PATH environment variable. --color Color-codes log messages based on their priority. Requires an ANSI color-capable terminal. --disable-gl-extension [extension] Disables the given OpenGL extension. --exit Exits the program (useful after running scripts in batch mode). -h, --help Prints this help information and exits. --log-level [level] Specifies the minimum message priority to log (valid values are "warning", "information", or "debug"). --options [path] Overrides the filepath for storing user options (this overrides both defaults and the K3D_OPTIONS_PATH environment variable, below). --plugins [path] Overrides the path(s) for loading plugin libraries (this overrides both defaults and the K3D_PLUGIN_PATHS environment variable, below). Multiple colon-delimited paths are allowed. Use "&" as a synonym for the default paths. --script [file] Play the given script after startup (use - for stdin). --shadercache [path] Overrides the path where compiled shaders will be cached (this overrides both defaults and the K3D_SHADER_CACHE_PATH environment variable, below). --share [path] Overrides the path for loading shared data files (this overrides both defaults and the K3D_SHARE_PATH environment variable, below). --show-process Prints the process name next to log messages. --show-timestamps Prints timestamps next to log messages. --syslog Logs messages to syslog. -u, --ui [ui path] Specifies the path to a user interface plugin (this overrides both the default and the K3D_USER_INTERFACE_PATH environment variable, below). As a special-case the string "none" can be used as a synonym for the Null (no gui) User Interface. -H, --user-interface-help Prints a user-interface specific help message and exits. --version Prints program version information and exits. USER INTERFACE OPTIONS
--batch Operate in batch (no user intervention) mode. -n, --new Creates a new document after startup. --no-custom-layouts Disable custom user interface layouts (useful when playing-back recorded tutorials, which rely on the default layout). --no-splash Disables the startup splash screen. -o, --open [file] Opens the given file after startup. --show-tutorials Opens the tutorials menu immediately following startup. --tutorials [path] Overrides the path for loading interactive tutorials (this overrides both defaults and the K3D_TUTORIALS_PATH environment variable, below). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
K3D_EXTRA_OPTIONS Provides additional options that are appended to the command-line at startup. Note that unlike other K-3D environment variables, options specified via K3D_EXTRA_OPTIONS will override options specified on the command line. K3D_OPTIONS_PATH Overrides the path for storing user options (this overrides the default, but can be overridden by the --options option, above). K3D_PLUGIN_PATHS Overrides the path(s) for loading plugin libraries (this overrides the default, but can be overridden by the --plugins option, above). Multiple colon-delimited paths are allowed. Use "&" as a synonym for the default paths. K3D_SHADER_CACHE_PATH Overrides the path where compiled shaders are cached (this overrides the default, but can be overridden by the --shadercache option, above). K3D_SHARE_PATH Overrides the path for loading shared data files (this overrides the default, but can be overridden by the --share option, above). K3D_USER_INTERFACE_PATH Overrides the path to the user interface plugin (this overrides the default, but can be overridden by the --ui option, above). AUTHORS
Written by Timothy M. Shead <tshead@k-3d.com>, and many others. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <k3d-development@lists.sourceforge.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2010, Timothy M. Shead. All Rights Reserved. This software is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The K-3D Home Page: http://www.k-3d.org K-3D Version 0.8.0.2 June 2010 k3d(1)