Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to run a process after closing the terminal Post 302134737 by matrixmadhan on Monday 3rd of September 2007 08:32:00 AM
Old 09-03-2007
Code:
man nohup

<message too short>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closing ssh when process run on remote

Hi! I currently run a very long script (two hour left...) on a remote computer through a ssh session. I wonder whats happend if I close the ssh session, or even, the terminal. Is the script running on remote will stop? Thanks for your answers, Tp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tipi
1 Replies

2. Linux

run script through terminal

for all friends i am using linux enterprise 4. i installed oracle 10g in user name oracle.at the end of install i got a pop up window saying that u should run the following scripts(root.sh,orainstRoot.sh) in terminal from root account(cui) without log out oracle account . how i can run these... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadiquep
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal is closing on exit in ksh

hi while executing the following script, my terminal window is getting closed if I enter a invalid option. I want the script should go back the the command prompt. how to do achive it. i execute the script as . ./test #! /usr/bin/ksh Printf " Type of Installer : \n\t\t 1. Whole Build... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: closing file descriptors from a process

Below is a test script to illustrate a problem from a larger script I am writing. $ cat /tmp/loggingtest #!/bin/bash lvcreate -s -l 100%FREE -n var-data-snapshot vg00/var-data 2> >(logger -t "loggingtest.crit") 1> >(logger -t "loggingtest.info") sync & wait lvremove -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to run a command in a new terminal

Hey, I am trying to write a script that will open all of my session windows, and then secure shell into the appropriate server in the new windows. Seems simple, but I cant get it to work! Please help! :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sojo1024
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nohup process getting killed after closing PUTTY session

I am running a process in nohup . nohup getkeys.ksh 132 > 132.out & When I close the putty terminal,The process is getting killed . default_signal_handler called for signal no: 1 Is there a way to keep the process running even If I close the terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prevent terminal from closing after command execution

Hello, I want to create application which launches some terminal, then some command is executed on that terminal and then prevent terminal from closing. I started to do on gnome-terminal because the Gnome is the most widely used desktop-manager in the Linux distributions. I want to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyanata
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who -u gives different output if run from cron than if run from terminal?

If I run 'who -u' interactively or from a script invoked through bash in a tty on my Ubuntu 12LTS box I get an output like this: testuser pts/0 Dec 9 02:32 . 2163 (host.xx.yy) running the same through cron I get: testuser pts/0 2012-12-09 02:32 00:05 2163... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latimer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in new terminal

Hi Guys, I have a script that runs certain simulations in batch mode. I need to schedule some simulations to run over night. For each simulation to complete it should be run in separate terminal. My script is as follows sh run_test.sh <arg1> <arg2> <arg3> ... I need to launch this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
5 Replies
SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD)				    Smartcard Library Functions 			     SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD)

NAME
SCF_Session_close, SCF_Terminal_close, SCF_Card_close - close a smartcard session, terminal, or card SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsmartcard [ library...] #include <smartcard/scf.h> SCF_Status_t SCF_Session_close(SCF_Session_t session); SCF_Status_t SCF_Terminal_close(SCF_Terminal_t terminal); SCF_Status_t SCF_Card_close(SCF_Card_t card); PARAMETERS
card An object that was returned from SCF_Terminal_getCard(3SMARTCARD) session An object that was returned from SCF_Session_getSession(3SMARTCARD) terminal An object that was returned from SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD) DESCRIPTION
These functions release the resources (memory, threads, and others) that were allocated within the library when the session, terminal, or card was opened. Any storage allocated by calls to SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), or SCF_Card_get- Info(3SMARTCARD) is deallocated when the associated object is closed. Attempts to access results from these interfaces after the object has been closed results in undefined behavior. If a card that was locked by SCF_Card_lock(3SMARTCARD) is closed, the lock is automatically released. When a terminal is closed, any event listeners on that terminal object are removed and any cards that were obtained with the terminal are closed. Similarly, closing a session will close any terminals or cards obtained with that session. These are the only cases where the library will automatically perform a close. Once closed, a session, terminal, or card object can no longer be used by an SCF function. Any attempt to do so results in an SCF_STA- TUS_BADHANDLE error. The sole exception is that closing an object, even if already closed, is always a successful operation. RETURN VALUES
Closing a handle is always a successful operation that returns SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS. The library can safely detect handles that are invalid or already closed. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Close each object explicitly. SCF_Status_t status; SCF_Session_t mySession; SCF_Terminal_t myTerminal; SCF_Card_t myCard; status = SCF_Session_getSession(&mySession); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Session_getTerminal(mySession, NULL, &myTerminal); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Terminal_getCard(myTerminal, &myCard); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); /* (Do interesting things with smartcard...) */ SCF_Card_close(myCard); SCF_Terminal_close(myTerminal); SCF_Session_close(mySession); Example 2: Allow the library to close objects. SCF_Status_t status; SCF_Session_t mySession; SCF_Terminal_t myTerminal; SCF_Card_t myCard; status = SCF_Session_getSession(&mySession); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Session_getTerminal(mySession, NULL, &myTerminal); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Terminal_getCard(myTerminal, &myCard); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); /* (Do interesting things with smartcard...) */ SCF_Session_close(mySession); /* myTerminal and myCard have been closed by the library. */ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libsmartcard(3LIB), SCF_Card_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Card_lock(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getSes- sion(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Session_getTerminal(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_getCard(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 May 2002 SCF_Session_close(3SMARTCARD)