Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl Time issue with two different zones Post 302134624 by kirfan on Saturday 1st of September 2007 12:03:29 PM
Old 09-01-2007
The issue with two different time zone

You can reach me at 704 644 5923

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time zones

Hi all, this is my first post so I hope someone can help me. I am currently putting code into a script that is run through the cron on a unix box where the date/time is set to EDT or Eastern Daylight Time but I am in Central Standard time. The program I am adding code to runs every hour and I put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldgriess
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ntp across time zones

I've been tasked to implement ntp on my SCO Unix servers. I have over 600 servers spread across the US in different time zones. Each remote server has network connectivity to a main server here, through their local ISP. (That's how we currently deliver mail to them). My question is, how can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Howeird
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Live Upgrade issue with Zones

I 'm running solaris10 u6 with 141414-02. My system is T5220 running 2 Ldoms and 7 zones on primary domain. I 'm tryin to create booth environment on my alternate root disk after breaking the SVM mirroring but it does not go well and stuck at some point , and i have to reboot the system to get rid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Enabling time service in local zones

Hi, Is it possible to enable the time service in local zones? E.g. erahmanz1% svcs -a | grep -i time STATE STIME FMRI disabled Sep_10 svc:/network/daytime:dgram disabled Sep_10 svc:/network/daytime:stream disabled Sep_10 svc:/network/time:dgram... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ERahman
2 Replies

5. Solaris

need help::solaris zones in real time..

Hi frnds... I just had interview with a client , question :: how do you implement solaris zones in real time. please can anyone give me stepbystep process of zones.... i know its there in sol10 pdf but i want short explantion which i can use to answer an interviewer... THANKS IN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yrajendergoud
0 Replies

6. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies
txzonemgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     txzonemgr(1M)

NAME
txzonemgr - Trusted Extensions Zone Manager Configuration Utility SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/txzonemgr DESCRIPTION
The txzonemgr shell script provides a simple, menu-based GUI wizard for creating, installing, initializing, and booting labeled zones on a system on which Trusted Extensions is enabled. The script also provides menu items for networking options, name services options, and mak- ing the global zone a client of an existing LDAP server. By default, all zones are configured to use the same name service and IP address as the global zone. txzonemgr is run by roles granted in the Zone Management Rights Profile, or by root in the global zone. It takes no options and returns no values. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Command Interface Stability | Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interactive Dialogue | Not an Interface | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zenity(1), ifconfig(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), rbac(5), zones(5) Solaris Trusted Extensions Administrator's Procedures NOTES
If administering zones from JDS, use txzonemgr rather than CDE actions. txzonemgr uses the zenity command. For details, see the zenity(1) man page. SunOS 5.11 17 Dec 2007 txzonemgr(1M)