Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Can I mount Windows NTFS drive? Post 302134562 by cassj on Friday 31st of August 2007 05:17:16 PM
Old 08-31-2007
For mounting a Windows network share, this works like a charm for me:

Code:
sudo mount -t cifs //path/to/your/server /mnt/windows -o username=yourUserName,password=yourPassword,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777

NOTE: the directory "/mnt/windows", your local mount point, must already exist. I name mine based on whatever network share I'm mounting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mount NTFS drive ???????

can someone help tell me how to mount NTFS drive in redhat 7.1 1. is this correct ? dev/hda1 mnt/c ntfs-t defaults 0 0 2.is the mount file etc/fstab thanking you all ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
3 Replies

2. Linux

how to mount ntfs filesystem

:) Hi frds ..i hope i can get some help for this.. I am unable to mount ntfs/hpfs file system which contain my XP o/s. As per the information collected on net i found tht my kernel i.e 2.4.xx does not support ntfs ..? Now I dont knwo where to get upgraded kernel and how to deploy it ..can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
0 Replies

3. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a windows drive on unix

Hi, I would like to be able to mount windows xp to a unix system, so that I can pull data from windows machine for backup and store it on the unix server. Does anyone know how I can go about mounting the windows drive in unix. Thanks, Eric (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup to NTFS Drive?

Just some info about my hard drive setup. I have a 150GB WD Raptor X as my boot drive with partitions for Ubuntu and Windows. I have 500GB hard drive for my home partition (mainly to keep my movie and music collections since the Raptor is too small) and I also have an external 500GB hard drive... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyroguysf
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to mount a windows drive on Solaris..

hi All, I have two machines one which has Open solaris as its operating system and another which has Window Xp professional.I would like to mount a drive from the Windows machine onto the open solaris machine.Just to add i wish to do this without having SAMBA in place. Anyone who can help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Is it possible to setup a samba share to always mount to a specific Windows drive letter???

I'm trying to setup Samba in a solaris zone... Is there a way to setup Samba so that every Windows machine that tries to connect to the share always gets it mounted under the same drive letter (e.g. H:)??? My Samba share (in smb.conf) /home/pickup I want that all Window users get it mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

9. Fedora

unable to mount NTFS

Hi, I'm new for unix. I tried to mount windows NTFS partition in Fedora unix, but it is saying ntfs not found. The command i used is mount /dev/sdb1 -t ntfs /mnt/drive1 and how to find the available filesystem type?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Windows Drive Mount Fails to Refresh in RedHat

Hi all, I have a server running Red Hat Linux 7.2 and a Windows file server. I have mounted certain paths from the Windows file server on to the Red Hat server. I can specify access privileges to folders that are visible to different users who have access to both Windows and Linux servers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mister_frostee
0 Replies
NTFSPROGS(8)                                                  System Manager's Manual                                                 NTFSPROGS(8)

NAME
ntfsprogs - tools for doing neat things with NTFS OVERVIEW
ntfsprogs is a suite of NTFS utilities based around a shared library. The tools are available for free and come with full source code. TOOLS
mkntfs(8) - Create an NTFS filesystem. ntfscat(8) - Dump a file's content to the standard output. ntfsclone(8) - Efficiently clone, backup, restore or rescue NTFS. ntfscluster(8) - Locate the files which use the given sectors or clusters. ntfscmp(8) - Compare two NTFS filesystems and tell the differences. ntfscp(8) - Copy a file to an NTFS volume. ntfsfix(8) - Check and fix some common errors, clear the LogFile and make Windows perform a thorough check next time it boots. ntfsinfo(8) - Show information about NTFS or one of the files or directories within it. ntfslabel(8) - Show, or set, an NTFS filesystem's volume label. ntfsls(8) - List information about files in a directory residing on an NTFS. ntfsresize(8) - Resize NTFS without losing data. ntfstruncate(8) - Truncate a file on an NTFS volume. ntfsundelete(8) - Recover deleted files from NTFS. ntfswipe(8) - Overwrite unused space on an NTFS volume. AUTHORS
The tools were written by Anton Altaparmakov, Carmelo Kintana, Cristian Klein, Erik Sornes, Giang Nguyen, Holger Ohmacht, Lode Leroy, Matthew J. Fanto, Per Olofsson, Richard Russon, Szabolcs Szakacsits, Yura Pakhuchiy and Yuval Fledel. AVAILABILITY
The ntfsprogs are part of the ntfs-3g package which can be downloaded from: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ SEE ALSO
ntfs-3g(8) ntfs-3g 2017.3.23 September 2007 NTFSPROGS(8)