Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users passing value to a variable in a SQL Post 302134379 by kamitsin on Thursday 30th of August 2007 02:43:15 PM
Old 08-30-2007
its an alternative but i am searching for a method which can pass the variable from shell script to the Sql's (have a lot of SQL's using the same variable 'current date' but doing different tasks and using a here document will make the script messy)
kamitsin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PL/SQL variable value to Shell Varible

Hi my UNIX Friends, Im calling some SQL scripts through Unix Shell scripting. How do I export the value of PL/SQL variable value into a Unix shell script variable? Also could any one inform me about the 'search' and 'cut' utility of PL/SQL (like 'grep' and 'cut' in Shell scripting). ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument to a pl/sql block

Hi, How can I pass an argument to a pl/sql block through perl/unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing paramaters to a pl\sql precedure

I have this piece code in a shl, I need to pass paramaters to a PL\SQL PRECEDURE like $fseqno and faidy I know that the $fseqno works correctly but I am not sure aboyt the faidy can I code it like that faidy ='0910' ? Thank you for i in 3526*.dat do # Capture just the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments to sql script

Hi Gurus, i have one requirement in unix script, i have a file called abc.txt in that few lines are there with the empid, i need to read each line and pass to .sql script. ex: abc.txt 2345 2346 1243 1234 i need to pass these arguments to .sql script rom unix ex: select * from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string variable from Unix to Sql Plus

Hi Guys, I am trying to pass a string variable from Unix shell script to sqlplus as a parameter. I have tried using single quotes with the variable name but it does not work. Please help me with it. I am using BASH. My code: Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, shil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infintenumbers
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to sql

How to pass variable to sql file. Im tryin in two ways, Method 1: my.sql select * from table where col1 = '$1' and col2 = 'text'; Method 1execute: dbaccess database my.sql $var Method2: select * from table col1 in (`cat inputfile`) and col2 = 'text'; method... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to sql from script

Hi Friend, I have one file in which some number are mentioned and number of lines are vary every time And i need to pass that number to my sql command from script. Suppose i have file acc.txt 45456546456 45464564565 67854353454 67657612132 Number of records are vary every time.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql file name as an argument

Hi all, I have a a file which contains an oracle query. If this file is pushed into a shell script such as the below, it of course works fine. #!/usr/bin/sh su - oracle -c 'sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF @/home/cron/ORA/sql/T-ORA006-OracleSessions.sql exit; EOF . What i am after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies
Alzabo::FAQ(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Alzabo::FAQ(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions How can I generate the SQL to turn one schema into another? Assuming you have schema objects representing these already created (through reverse engineering for example) and both schemas are for the same RDBMS, you can simply do this: my @sql = $schema1->rules->schema_diff( old => $schema1, new => $schema2 ); The @sql array will contain all the SQL statements necessary to transform the schema in $schema1 into the schema in $schema2. If you want to sync a schema object to the current state of the RDBMS backend's schema, check out the "Alzabo::Create::Schema->sync_back- end" method. How can I make a local copy of the documentation as HTML? Alzabo comes with a script called "make_html_docs.pl". It takes three arguments. The first is the source file directory root. The second is the target directory. The last is the absolute URL path that this target directory represents. If you have perl 5.6.0 or greated installed, it is recommended that you use it to run this script as the Pod::Html module included with more recent Perls does a much better job of making HTML. If you were in the root of the source directory you might run this as: perl ./make_html_docs.pl ./lib /usr/local/apache/htdocs/Alzabo_docs /Alzabo_docs The script will create an index.html file as well as turning the documentation into HTML. How can I optimize memory usage under mod_perl? You should simply preload the Alzabo::Runtime module (which loads all the other modules it needs). In addition, if you are using Alzabo::MethodMaker, make sure it runs in the parent. This module can create a lot of methods on the fly and each method eats up some memory. Finally, you can preload one or more schema objects. The easiest way to do this is to simply pass its name to Alzabo::Runtime when you use it, like this: use Alzabo::Runtime qw( schema1 schema2 ); How can I get objects for tables linked via the Mason GUI? For example, if I have a websites2categories table which maps a list of categories that a given web site should display -- and uses website_id and category_id in a 1..n relationship -- what is the proper way to set that up in the GUI and then in my code? In the GUI, you can simply create a relationship from websites to categories, and declare it n..n. Alzabo will automatically create a ta- ble called websites_categories, and you're free to change the name to whatever you want. Then if you use "Alzabo::MethodMaker", Alzabo will see that you have a table with 2 cols, both of which are part of the PK, and that it has 1..n relationships with 2 other tables, and it will create the appropriate methods. You can see what methods are being created by setting the "ALZABO_DEBUG" environment variable to "METHODMAKER" before loading Alz- abo::MethodMaker. It'll spit everything out to STDERR. There's also the generated documentation, which is available via the "docs_as_pod()" schema method after MethodMaker does its thing. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::FAQ(3pm)