Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls -ltr, TIME DETAILS ??
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ls -ltr, TIME DETAILS ?? Post 302134281 by varungupta on Thursday 30th of August 2007 06:54:14 AM
Old 08-30-2007
ls -ltr, TIME DETAILS ??

when I write the command ls -ltr it shows the detail of the files. Like

-rwxrwxrwx 1 mqsiadm mqbrkrs 0 Aug 29 14:03 dspmq_temp
-rwxrwxrwx 1 mqsiadm mqbrkrs 666 Aug 30 06:12 dspmq_script

In this,DATE TIME is shown, Now the question is : how can I see the all the times like Creation time, Modified time and Last access time of that file ?

PLEASE HELP !!
ASAP !!
THANKS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what does the ls -ltr command list

Hi, THe following is the output when i run the command ls -ltr can anyone explain the meaning of the field in red -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027SASI.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027RITD.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjita.c
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -ltr help

i have to list some file with certain exemption suppose for example i have two files file1.log.1 file1.log.1.123 i want ls -ltr command to list only 1st type of files so i want like this ls -ltr *.log.*---------it should grep 1st kind of files but this command greps all the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing Year in ls -ltr command

Hi, When retrieving parameters of a file using ls command i need to print the year part . When i do ls -ltr the following output is displayed -rwxrwxrwx 1 d_infd d_infd 1711 Jan 8 2004 wf1.class. Here the year part is not displayed only Jan 8 is displayed. Can any one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragugct
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse the listing (ls -ltr)

Hi, I need to parse the listing (ls -ltr) in a given directory and get a particular value to see the success or failure. e.g drwxr-xr-x 5 sensr vpnuser 512 Nov 7 07:46 disc_001811. Here i need to take the value 5 which is after drwxr-xr-x . how to so the same in shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuthuAlagappan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -ltr for a future date/time stamp file

Hi When i do ls -ltr <file1> then it shows me the date and time of the file if - for whatever reason file has future date/time stamp then ls -ltr is not showing the time, it just shows only date part ... even if time is ahead by 2 hr than current time. suppose a file was copied from INDIA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to run ls -ltr

Hi , Whenever i try to execute ls with l as an option the system hangs. The workload on server is not more than 1. What could be the reason . Normal ls works fine but ls -l causes the system to hang. This is happening when i m in /usr/local/sbin directory. I can see that the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls -ltr in scripting

Hi All, I wrote below script for i in `ls` do echo "list of files $i" done but i want display as like ls -ltr,it's displaying as one column Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two commands “ls -h” and “ls -ltr”. How do i make sure “ls -ltr” is run after “ls -h” is suc

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generic script to load file details(ls -ltr) in to a database.

All, I am trying to create a report on the duration of an ETL load from the file arrival to the final dump in to a database for SLA's. Does anyone have any guidance or ideas on how metadata can be extracted; information of a file: like file name, created timestamp, count of records and load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
MKDIR(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  MKDIR(1)

NAME
mkdir -- make directories SYNOPSIS
mkdir [-p] [-m mode] directory_name ... DESCRIPTION
mkdir creates the directories named as operands, in the order specified, using mode rwxrwxrwx (0777) as modified by the current umask(2). The options are as follows: -m Set the file permission bits of the final created directory to the specified mode. The mode argument can be in any of the formats specified to the chmod(1) utility. If a symbolic mode is specified, the operation characters ``+'' and ``-'' are interpreted rela- tive to an initial mode of ``a=rwx''. -p Create intermediate directories as required. If this option is not specified, the full path prefix of each operand must already exist. Intermediate directories are created with permission bits of rwxrwxrwx (0777) as modified by the current umask, plus write and search permission for the owner. Do not consider it an error if the argument directory already exists. The user must have write permission in the parent directory. EXIT STATUS
mkdir exits 0 if successful, and >0 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), rmdir(1), mkdir(2), umask(2) STANDARDS
The mkdir utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
January 25, 1994 BSD