Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Too Hot Here
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Too Hot Here Post 302134218 by Perderabo on Wednesday 29th of August 2007 11:27:50 PM
Old 08-30-2007
Blowtorch, that link says that the average high temperature August in Phoenix is 102°. 29 days of 110° or above is quite a bit above average. That extra 8 - 10 degrees is more than it sounds like.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot Keys

I am a new user, using UNIX in a DOS window. Is there a way to code a "Hot Key" for a string of commands? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwtlr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hot Keys

I am a new user, using Unix in a DOS window. Can I set up Hot Keys to run a script? Example - A12.1.13.15 aaaaBbbbCccc Thank you, cwtlr (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwtlr
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Hot Spare pool

One more query in SVM :) Now with hot spare spool... I can understand adding/replacing a slice in particular hot spare pool with "-a / -r" option (or) adding a slice to all existing hot spare pool with "-all" option. Here my query is for deleting, we have only option "-d". 1) If the hot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
2 Replies
RUP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RUP(1)

NAME
rup -- remote status display SYNOPSIS
rup [-dhlt] [host ...] DESCRIPTION
rup displays a summary of the current system status of a particular host or all hosts on the local network. The output shows the current time of day, how long the system has been up, and the load averages. The load average numbers give the number of jobs in the run queue aver- aged over 1, 5 and 15 minutes. The following options are available: -d For each host, report what it's local time is. This is useful for checking time synchronization on a network. -h Sort the display alphabetically by host name. -l Sort the display by load average. -t Sort the display by up time. The rpc.rstatd(8) daemon must be running on the remote host for this command to work. rup uses an RPC protocol defined in /usr/include/rpcsvc/rstat.x. EXAMPLES
example% rup otherhost otherhost up 6 days, 16:45, load average: 0.20, 0.23, 0.18 example% DIAGNOSTICS
rup: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rstatd(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rup: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rstatd(8) daemon has terminated on the remote host. rup: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see rpcbind(8)), and cannot accommodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
ruptime(1), rpc.rstatd(8), rpcbind(8) HISTORY
The rup command appeared in SunOS. BSD
June 7, 1993 BSD