Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting useradd Post 302134054 by kamitsin on Tuesday 28th of August 2007 12:37:49 PM
Old 08-28-2007
expect can use .rhosts file for remote host operations.

Cheers,
K
kamitsin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

3. Solaris

useradd

Hi, I need to add a new user who will only be able to access one single folder on my Solaris 9 system. Can this be achieved by using just useradd or do i need to fiddle with auth_attr table? TIA, Selma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd problem

O/S: Solaris 9 Architecture: SPARC The man page for useradd states, "The new login remains locked until the passwd(1) command is executed." This is a problem for me when accessing remotely via SSH and creating a new account from the console with useradd. As soon as I try to login into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxsun1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with useradd script

Ok Im trying too make this shell script create users from my text file, I also want to type in a password for the new users. So thay can make a uniq one themself after first logon. #!/bin/sh # Sebastian schmidt clear echo "*************************************************************"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
3 Replies

7. BSD

useradd in linux

hi.. i want to know when we add a new user by useradd command in linux "ram" in the system then bydefault " ram " name directory will create inside /home/ram . why..?? i want to know behind this logic . please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

9. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Useradd with ansible

Hello, I need ansible playbook to create new user on remote server. Remote server blocked direct root login so I must login first application user and later I must run "useradd" command with sudo. I need playbook.yml and cli command. Best regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
0 Replies
PAM_RHOSTS(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						     PAM_RHOSTS(8)

NAME
pam_rhosts - The rhosts PAM module SYNOPSIS
pam_rhosts.so DESCRIPTION
This module performs the standard network authentication for services, as used by traditional implementations of rlogin and rsh etc. The authentication mechanism of this module is based on the contents of two files; /etc/hosts.equiv (or and ~/.rhosts. Firstly, hosts listed in the former file are treated as equivalent to the localhost. Secondly, entries in the user's own copy of the latter file is used to map "remote-host remote-user" pairs to that user's account on the current host. Access is granted to the user if their host is present in /etc/hosts.equiv and their remote account is identical to their local one, or if their remote account has an entry in their personal configuration file. The module authenticates a remote user (internally specified by the item PAM_RUSER connecting from the remote host (internally specified by the item PAM_RHOST). Accordingly, for applications to be compatible this authentication module they must set these items prior to calling pam_authenticate(). The module is not capable of independently probing the network connection for such information. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't print informative messages. superuser=account Handle account as root. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR The remote host, remote user name or the local user name couldn't be determined or access was denied by .rhosts file. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is not known to system. EXAMPLES
To grant a remote user access by /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts for rsh add the following lines to /etc/pam.d/rsh: #%PAM-1.0 # auth required pam_rhosts.so auth required pam_nologin.so auth required pam_env.so auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
rootok(3), hosts.equiv(5), rhosts(5), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_rhosts was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de> Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_RHOSTS(8)