Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tagged regular expressions(TRE) in unix Post 302133891 by navojit dutta on Monday 27th of August 2007 05:44:27 AM
Old 08-27-2007
Tagged regular expressions(TRE) in unix

Hi gurus,
Can any of you suggest any good link for going through tagged regular expressions for unix.I am finding it quite critical and need some help from all gurus to know this better.
Any good link containing detailed examples with descriptions would do i guess.

thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

I'm trying to parse RichText to XML. I want to be able to capture everything between the '/par' tag in the RTF but not include the tag itself. So far all I have is this, '.*?\\par' but it leaves '\par' at the end of it. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AresMedia
1 Replies

2. Programming

regular expressions in c++

How do I use the regular expressions in c++? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have following content in the file CancelPolicyMultiLingual3=U|PC3|EN RestaurantInfoCode1=U|restID1|1 ..... I am trying to use following matching extression \|(+) to get this PC3|EN restID1|1 Obviously it does not work. Any ideas? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expressions

how to find for a file whose name has all characters in uppercase after 'project'? I tried this: find . -name 'project**.pdf' ./projectABC.pdf ./projectABC123.pdf I want only ./projectABC.pdf What is the regular expression that correponds to "all characters are capital"? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

regular expressions

I have a flat file with the following drug names Nutropin AQ 20mg PEN Cart 2ml Norditropin Cart 15mg/1.5ml I have to extract digits that are before mg i.e 20 and 15 ; how to do this using regular expressions Thanks ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expressions

In regular expressions with grep(or egrep), ^ works if we want something in starting of line..but what if we write ^^^ or ^ for pattern matching??..Hope u all r familiar with regular expressions for pattern matching.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

what elements does " /^/ " match? I did the test which indicates that it matches single lowercase character like 'a','b' etc. and '1','2' etc. But I really confused with that. Because, "/^abc/" matches strings like "abcedf" or "abcddddee". So, what does caret ^ really mean? Any response... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidHe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have a file that I'm trying to find all the cases of phone number extensions and deleting them. So input file looks like: abc x93825 def 13234 x52673 hello output looks like: abc def 13234 hello Basically delete lines that have 5 numbers following "x". I tried: x\(4) but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ISO UNIX Tutoring in Regular Expressions

Hello all- New to this forum, and relatively new to using grep at the Terminal command line to work with regular expressions. I've got a background in mathematics and some programming experience, so it's not been too difficult to learn the basics of searching through word lists for particular types... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtalvacchio
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions

I need to pick a part of string lets stay started with specific character and end with specific character to replace using sed command the line is like this:my audio book 71-skhdfon1dufgjhgf8.wav' I want to move the characters beginning with - end before. I have different files with random... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies
list link(1m)															     list link(1m)

NAME
list link - Displays a list of all the soft links whose names match the link name that you specify SYNOPSIS
cdscp list link link-name [with attribute-name = attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of a specific soft link. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. The name of a particular attribute. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The list link command displays a list of all the soft links whose names match the link name that you specify. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. You can use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause to limit output only to soft links whose attributes have values equal to the specified values. A space must precede and follow the = (equals sign). This command does not list the name of the directory, object entry, or other soft link to which the soft link points. Privilege Required You must have read permission to the directory that stores the soft link. If you use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause in the command, you also need read or test permission to the selected soft links. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command displays a list of all the soft links whose names begin with the letter l in the directory /.:/admin. cdscp> list link /.:/admin/l* LIST SOFTLINK /.../abc.com/admin AT 1991-10-15-15:54:38 lnk01 lnk02 lnk03 lnk04 lnk05 lnk06 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create link(1m), delete link(1m), remove link(1m), set link(1m), show link(1m) list link(1m)