Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open port
Operating Systems Linux open port Post 302133878 by mm00123 on Monday 27th of August 2007 03:01:59 AM
Old 08-27-2007
Question

dears,

I tried to use nc -l -p 21 -e /program

but this well success for only one time connection after that the nc will be closed???? how can I make the nc running continously ...I need to make the listening for the specified port continous?????

any help????

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

3. Solaris

how to open specific port

Dear members, My release is open Solaris b103 1- How to know the opening port in my system 2- How to open a specific port like port number 53 3- How to closed the specific port like port number 53 Your feedback highly appreciated (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellroxy
10 Replies

4. Solaris

how to open a specific port

Hi All, Can anyone let me know that how to open a specific port in Solaris 10. I just wanted to know if there are some certain commands to open a port (like ftp, telnet). It would be also better if someone can tell me if there is another firewall service in Solaris 10 except ipfilter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Open port on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am installing Infosphere (ETL tool) on solaris 10. One of the requirement is to open multiple ports for different apps that will be installed. I ran netstat -n | grep 9080 (,etc) but that did not return anything. I have attached the requirement. Can anyone guide me about how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - How to Open a Port

Hi, I would like to open a specific port for use with a bespoke application. Before everyone points me to other threads - I read a few but couldn't find any specific to my problem. Iptables / firewall is disabled SELinux is also disabled I would just like to assign this port to this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Open port with iptables

Hi, What iptables command do I need to run in order to open up the following port for incomming traffic on the following server: # telnet 127.0.0.1 1521 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to open 443 port in HP-UX?

Hello Experts, I want to open the port 443 on my HP-UX system. can you please help ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies
ipa-replica-conncheck(1)					 IPA Manual Pages					  ipa-replica-conncheck(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-conncheck - Check a replica-master network connection before installation SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-conncheck [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
When an IPA replica is being installed a network connection between a replica machine and a replicated IPA master machine has to be pre- pared for master-replica communication. In case of a flawed connection the installation may fail with inconvenient error messages. A common connection problem is a misconfigured firewall with closed required port on a replica or master machine. The connection is checked by running a set of tests from both master and replica machines. The program is incorporated to ipa-replica-install(1) but can be also run separately. OPTIONS
REPLICA MACHINE OPTIONS This set of options is used when the connection check is run on a prepared IPA replica machine. -m MASTER, --master=MASTER Remote master machine address -a, --auto-master-check Automatically log in to master machine and execute the master machine part of the connection check. The following options for replica part are only evaluated when this option is set -r REALM, --realm=REALM The Kerberos realm name for the IPA server -k KDC, --kdc=KDC KDC server address. Defaults t MASTER -p PRINCIPAL, --principal=PRINCIPAL Authorized Kerberos principal to use to log in to master machine. Defaults to admin -w PASSWORD, --password=PASSWORD Password for given principal. The password will be prompted interactively when this option is missing MASTER MACHINE OPTIONS This set of options is used when the connection check is run on a master machine against a running ipa-replica-conncheck(1) on a replica machine. -R REPLICA, --replica=REPLICA Remote replica machine address COMMON OPTIONS -c, --check-ca Include in a check also a set of dogtag connection requirements. Only needed when the master was installed with Dogtag 9 or lower. -h HOSTNAME, --hostname=HOSTNAME The hostname of this server (FQDN). By default a nodename from uname(2) is used -d, --debug Print debugging information -q, --quiet Output only errors EXAMPLES
ipa-replica-conncheck -m master.example.com Run a replica machine connection check against a remote master master.example.com. If the connection to the remote master machine is successful the program will switch to listening mode and prompt for running the master machine part. The second part check the con- nection from master to replica. ipa-replica-conncheck -R replica.example.com Run a master machine connection check part. This is either run automatically by replica part of the connection check program (when -a option is set) or manually by the user. A running ipa-replica-conncheck(1) in a listening mode must be already running on a replica machine. ipa-replica-conncheck -m master.example.com -a -r EXAMPLE.COM -w password Run a replica-master connection check. In case of a success switch to listening mode, automatically log to master.example.com in a realm EXAMPLE.COM with a password password and run the second part of the connection check. EXIT STATUS
0 if the connection check was successful 1 if an error occurred SEE ALSO
ipa-replica-install(1) IPA
Jun 2 2011 ipa-replica-conncheck(1)