Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find, Append, Move & Rename Multiple Files Post 302133799 by clx on Sunday 26th of August 2007 12:28:25 AM
Old 08-26-2007
cudnt understand ur queries...
just paste ur code to get an idea what u are trying to do...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files and rename ??

1. If I have a file-yyyymmdd.dat in a directory DATA1, then how do I move this file to directory DATA2 and the file name change to file-yyyymmdd.dat.currenttime I can manual do this $mv fileA-yyyymmdd.dat ./DATA2/fileA-yyyymmdd.dat.`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` but how do I move all of the files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabercats
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Rename to move files

I am connecting to a remote server (Unix) and doing a ftp dowmload of files. The script (VB script) works fine except for not being able to move the downloaded files on the remote server to another folder. I need to move all files with an .asc extesnion from folder "tovecellio_edi" to folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snufse
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename/Move files and schedule the script

Hello, I'm new in the forum and in UNIX scripting, what I need is to write a simple batch script that renames or move the files back & forth from one directory to another, and then schedule the script to run on the server when the scheduled down time is, which is on Thursdays at 8pm and during... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyghost
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to move and rename a list of files

Hi, I need to do something easy but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Let's say I have 6 files in the directory below: /ebsbeta_f/flash/EBSUATQB/onlinelog o1_mf_6_55klt7nr_.log o1_mf_3_55klskj4_.log o1_mf_4_55klsrl1_.log o1_mf_5_55klt09p_.log o1_mf_2_55klv1ts_.log... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all images, append unique prefix to name and move to different directory

Hi, I have a directory with Multiple subdirectories and 1000s of pictures (jpg) in each directory. The problem is that each directory has a 001.jpg in them. I want to append a unique name (the directory_name)would be fine. and then move them to one main backup directory once they have been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmaq7621
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename files in a directory and move them

I have a directory e2e_ms_xfer/cent01 this contains the multiple files some of which will be named below with unique date time stamps e2e_ms_edd_nom_CCYYMMDD_HHMM.csv What I want to do is in a loop 1) Get the oldest file 2) Rename 3) Move it up one level from e2e_ms_xfer/cent01 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andymay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename (move) multiple files on remote server using sftp

I want to rename (move) multiple files on remote server. I tried the following command to move all TXT files from my_dir directory to /new_dir. But it does not work. Any help? #!/bin/ksh sftp -dev3 << ABC cd my_dir $(for i in TXT; do echo "ls *.$i" ; rename $x /new_dir/$x;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies
PASTE(1)							   User Commands							  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste - merge lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Write lines consisting of the sequentially corresponding lines from each FILE, separated by TABs, to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --delimiters=LIST reuse characters from LIST instead of TABs -s, --serial paste one file at a time instead of in parallel --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report paste bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report paste translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for paste is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and paste programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'paste invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 PASTE(1)