Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Script And SQLPLUS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell Script And SQLPLUS Post 302133704 by maco_home on Friday 24th of August 2007 07:41:44 PM
Old 08-24-2007
Shell Script And SQLPLUS

i'm having real problems retrieving the returncode of my sqlplus-call. I found a lot of informations on the net, but havn't been able to get it running so far, so now i ask for some help Smilie

I do start the sqlplus out of my shell script with the parameters stored in the proc_clips.sql, which is perfectly working. But now i have created some real obviously mistakes like "trunate" or "comit" - but I still get the 0 as returncode. Does anybody have an idea what i'm doing wrong???

Thanks for your help, Martin

###### dbUpdate.sh ######

sqlplus -s userrob@db1/passwrob< proc_clips.sql
RETVAL=$?
echo $RETVAL
echo "SQLPUS-CLIPS"

###### proc_clips.sql ######

set echo on
whenever sqlerror exit 1
whenever oserror exit 2
exec martin_s4m_fictions;
exec MAJ_RANK;
trunate table T_DRAUT_TEMP_CLIPSFICTIONS;
comit;
exit 0

###### OUTPUT ######

SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "trunate ta..." - rest of line ignored.
SP2-0042: unknown command "comit" - rest of line ignored.
SQLPUS-CLIPS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script from sqlplus

I have a script which connects to different database servers using sqlplus. Is there a way by which I can run a shell command on that host from sqlplus? I know about 'host' command but it runs script on the local machine where the original script is running. Is there a way to run command on the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr123
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call sqlplus in the shell script

Hi, I am writing a script to test database connection. If the first try fails, it will wait for 1 minutes and then try again. The script is as following: ........ for i in $ORACLE_SID do $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $username/$password@$i <<! >/dev/null select * from tab; exit if ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaniebear
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS within shell script

Hi I want to connect to the Oracle database using a username/password and get back the query result(a numeric value) in a variable, which I can then compare using a conditional. Can anybody help me with this. Thanks Gaurav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to learn/use SQLPLUS in shell script

Hi All, How i will use sqlplus in shell script? Can any one provide sample code which explain following: 1. Connect to oracle DB 2. Exceute select * from tablename 3. Release connection to the DB 4. Append output in file everytime when query executes. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLplus and Shell script problem

sql_rows=`sqlplus -s / <<EOF set heading off set pagesize 1000 set tab off set linesize 120 wrap off column "Path" format a15 --column "No_Of_files" format a10 select tablespace_name, substr(file_name,1,instr(file_name,'/',1,2)) as "Path" , count(*) as "No_Of_files" from dba_data_files ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: desibabu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus in shell script

Hi When I use sqlplus in shell script, I get sqlplus: command not found. ORACLE_HOME is not set. How to set ORACLE_HOME in unix? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus in shell script

Hi All, Please let me know what i am missing in the following code (part of my script) Schemas=(AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM) for s in "${Schemas}" do sch="${s}_$tol" if || ;then echo "This is AD or TD region" sqlplus -s $sch/$tpwd@$ttns <<EOF... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
7 Replies
FVWM-THEMES-COM(1)						   Fvwm Utility 						FVWM-THEMES-COM(1)

NAME
fvwm-themes-com - fvwm-themes communication center SYNOPSIS
fvwm-themes-com [ --help] [ --version] [ --name name ] [ --message message ] [ --lock-and-get ] [ --get-buffer ] [ --clear-buffer ] [ --buffer-name name ] [ --line lineNbr] DESCRIPTION
This script is not a user script. It is used by Fvwm-Themes for communication between some FvwmScript scripts and some other programs. Basically, you want to start a programs in the background which support the fvwm-themes-com communication protocol (e.g., fvwm-themes-menu- app and fvwm-themes-config with the com-mode option can be used as generic examples), then you can use fvwm-themes-com to ask questions or to give instructions to the background program. The answer are displayed by fvwm-themes-com in the standard out put and can be used by a FvwmScript script via the GetoutPut instruction. The advantage of using this method is that the background program have to do its main job only once (e.g., parsing a lot of informations and storing them in some variables) and a script can have very fast answer from the back- ground program via fvwm-themes-com. OPTIONS
--help - show the help and exit --version - show the version and exit --name name - the name of the communication (e.g., if you start fvwm-themes-menuapp with --com-name pid option you must use menuapp-pid as name to communicate with it). The pipe used for communication are $FVWM_DATADIR/{.tmp-com-in-name,tmp-com-out-name,tmp-com-lock-name}. The "buffer" file is $FVWM_USERDIR/.tmp-com-buffer-name --message - A one line message to be sent to the back program. --lock-and-get - Wait (a certain "time out") for an answer of the message. Then, the answer is displayed on STDOUT. --line n - n must be an integer n > 0. In the case of a lock and get message, fvwm-themes-com will out put only the nth line of the answer of the back program on STDOUT and will copy the complete answer in a "buffer" file. If you use the get-buffer option the nth line of the buffer is out put on STDOUT. --get-buffer - Out put the buffer file on STDOUT. --buffer-name othername - Use an alternative name for the buffer file: $FVWM_USERDIR/.tmp-com-buffer-othername. This is usefull if two pro- grams use the same background program and both use the buffer. --clear-buffer - remove the buffer file. USAGE
Here an example: In the Script FvwmScript-Menus you first start the background program, here fvwm-themes-menuapp, and you set some variables for an easy use of fvwm-themes-com: # found the FvwmScript pid Set $CMD = {perl -e '$t=getppid; print $t . " "'} Set $PID = (GetOutput $CMD 1 -1) # Run fvwm-themes-menuapp until the end of the script Do {Exec fvwm-themes-menuapp --com-mode --com-name=menuapp-}$PID{ &} # to send fvwm-themes-com command Set $SendMsgAndGet = {fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp-}$PID{ --lock-and-get --message=} Set $SendMsg = {fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp-}$PID{ --message=} Set $GetLine = {fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp-}$PID{ --get-buffer --line=} Then in the Script you can ask fvwm-themes-menuapp for some informations: # Get the menu list Set $CMD = $SendMsgAndGet{"menu-items }$MENU{"} Set $ItemsList = (GetOutput $CMD 1 -1) ChangeTitle 11 $ItemsList You can also just send an instruction to fvwm-themes-menuapp: Set $CMD = $SendMsg{"exit"} Do {Exec }$CMD Of course your back program have to support the fvwm-themes-com protocol. See fvwm-themes-menuapp and fvwm-themes-config for examples (com- mode option). See also FvwmScript-Menus and FvwmScript-ThemesCenter. AUTHORS
Olivier Chapuis <olivier.chapuis@free.fr>, 5 May 2000. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
Report bugs to fvwm-themes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net 3rd Berkeley Distribution perl v5.6.0 FVWM-THEMES-COM(1)