Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: merge two files in one file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting merge two files in one file Post 302133651 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Friday 24th of August 2007 11:53:35 AM
Old 08-24-2007
Please provide more examples.

here is the code to concat the files:

Code:
 cat file1 file2 file3 >> Outputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files whose names are given in other file

Hi, I have a pointer file ptr.txt. There may be any number of files mentioned in the ptr.txt file eg: cat ptr.txt /home/abc.txt /home/pqr.txt /home/xyz.txt I have to read this pointer file and merge the files given in the pointer file so that final file say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harshada
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge two files into one file use awk

Hi, guys. I have one question: I have two files: passwd and shadow (the number of records in these files are not equal)the contents of them are below: passwd: ************** ftp:x:24:24: sshd:x:71:65: uucp:x:10:14: brownj:x:5005:1000: sherrys: x :5006:1000: ... ************* ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 3 files in 1 file in an ordered way

Hi, I have a question that I cannot solve. if I have a file like this (lets say "x-values.dat"): x1 x2 x3 another file like this (lets say "y-values.dat"): y1 y2 y3 y4 and another file like this (lets say "p-values.dat"): p1 p2 p3 ... p12 How can I get this output? x1 y1 p1 x1 y2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lego
16 Replies

4. Programming

Merge files from /etc to one file using C

Hi guys, I have a question which might be easy to answer but I don't how to do it. The thing is I need to make a program in C which creates a file with all the content from the files in \etc. I'm not new to C language but to UNIX. I've read somewhere I need to use functions like f_read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merge files along with file names (awk)?

Dear programmers, I have a question about conditionally merging multiple files and having their file names in the first column. Input files: file.1.extension file.2.extension file.3.extension file.4.extension ... file.1000.extension where each file looks like this (with multiple lines):... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wei.deng
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files into one file

Hi, I need help with merging two files. My requirement is as below: File 1: MachineA MachineB File 2: Process1 Process2 Desired File: MachineA Process1 MachineB Process2 If file 2 contains only one entry Process1, then second line in the desired output should be: MachineA Process1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files with file names added

I want to merge several files with identical format: file 1: rs3094315 0.0006105222804 0.9528743638 rs3131972 -0.05461465109 0.3139864854 rs3115860 -0.06041530955 0.3195499498 file 2: rs2073813 -0.06039552152 0.2956527097 rs11564776 -0.1864266568 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luoruicd
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to merge two files into third file?

Hi All, i have a requirement as below. There are two files. In 1st file a.txt i have four lines as below Ramesh Suresh Pradeep Franklin In 2nd file b.txt i have 5 lines as below Francis Elizabeth David John Ravi The output file suppose c.txt should contain 1st line of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshk_85
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge the multiple text files into one file

Hi All, I am trying to merge all the text files into one file using below snippet cat /home/Temp/Test/Log/*.txt >> all.txt But it seems it is not working. I have multiple files like Output_ServerName1.txt, Output_ServreName2.txt I want to merge each file into one single file and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge different files into the original file

Hello Below is my requirement I have 3 files A1.txt , A2.txt and A3.txt . A2 is dynamically generating file I want the merge of A1,A2 and A3 in A2.txt Could you please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)