Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Good c++ Program
Top Forums Programming Good c++ Program Post 302133615 by lorcan on Friday 24th of August 2007 08:30:16 AM
Old 08-24-2007
You might have to explain the logic again to the group, the giving the code wouldn't help. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write to stdin of another program (program A -> [stdin]program B)

Hi, Program A: uses pipe() I am able to read the stdout of PROGAM B (stdout got through system() command) into PROGRAM A using: * child -> dup2(fd, STDOUT_FILENO); -> execl("/path/PROGRAM B", "PROGRAM B", NULL); * parent -> char line; -> read(fd, line, 100); Question: ---------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvaidyan
3 Replies

3. Programming

A program to trace execution of another program

Hi, I wanted to know if i can write a program using switches and signals, etc to trace execution of other unix program which calls c program internally. If yes how? If not with signals and switches then are there any other methods apart from debugging with gdb/dbx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiten_hegde
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. Programming

Python program faster than C++ program.

I wrote a simple program that generates a random word 10,000,000 times. I wrote it in python, then in C++ and compared the two completion times. The python script was faster! Is that normal? Why would the python script be faster? I was under the impression that C++ was faster. What are some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good Example on $|

I am trying to learn how to use the predefined var. I did read perlvar - perldoc.perl.org but like much of the perl docs, I just dont "see" the explanation. Can someone explain its usage to me. Id like to buffer printing on occasion. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
SYSSTAT(5)							Linux User's Manual							SYSSTAT(5)

NAME
sysstat - sysstat configuration file. DESCRIPTION
This file is read by sa1(8) and sa2(8) shell scripts from the sysstat's set of tools. It consists of a sequence of shell variable assign- ments used to configure sysstat logging. The variables and their meanings are: HISTORY The number of days during which a daily data file or a report should be kept. Data files or reports older than this number of days will be removed by the sa2(8) shell script. COMPRESSAFTER Number of days after which daily data files are to be compressed, either by gzip or bzip2. SADC_OPTIONS Options that should be passed to sadc(8). With these options (see sadc(8) manual page), you can select some additional data which are going to be saved in daily data files. These options are used only when a new data file is created. They will be ignored with an already existing one. FILES
/etc/sysstat/sysstat AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sadc(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux SEPTEMBER 2010 SYSSTAT(5)