Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Retain 3 latest files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retain 3 latest files Post 302133590 by kamathg on Friday 24th of August 2007 05:22:22 AM
Old 08-24-2007
Thanks very much for your help.. yes, i meant 3 recent files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

retain create/mod date and time of files

Hi, I have a requirement by which I need to take a snapshot of a certain directory of a certain types of files into a target directory within the same server (HP-UX 9000). The problem is that the files created in the target directory has the date and time of when the files were copied over. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command to rename multiple files that retain some portion of the original file nam

Well the title is not too good, so I will explain. I need to move (rename) files using a simple AIX script. ???file1.txt ???file2.txt ???file1a.txt ???file2a.txt to be: ???renamedfile1'date'.txt ???renamedfile2'date'.txt ???renamedfile1a'date'.txt ???renamedfile2a'date'.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimace15
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to delete the latest two files..Help needed

Suppose I have a directory called jeet and inside that directory so many files will be there.... Example: /abc/xyz/jeet $ ls -ltr total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Jan 13 11:36 naresh -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Jan 13 11:36 sreeni -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To list only the very latest files

Hi, There are huge no of files in the directory. If i say ls -ltr it is taking too much time. i want to see only the files for Feb,2009. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

move files and retain subdir structure

hi: I have some files like this folder1/recording1.mp3 folder1/docs/budget.doc folder2/others/misc.mp3 folder3/others/notes.doc all this folders and files are under the mp3 folder. I would like to move just the mp3s to another folder but retain the subdir structure i have. So if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all Files except the Latest Files

Hi, In my scenario, i just want to delete all the files except the latest one. How can I do? Please reply me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting Latest files

Hai I wolud like to know how to get the latest files. ex: file_ssss_00 file_ssss_01 i need to get file_ssss_01 files only. (in Unix script) Please give some idea ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju4u
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Batch file to move video files and retain sub-directories

I have just purchased my first ever Apple computer - and am therefore new to UNIX also. I would like to create a simple "batch file" (apologies if this is the wrong terminology) to do the following: When I plug my camera into the MAC it automatically downloads photos and videos into a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm0mss
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

List all old files except 15 latest files

Guys, Someone please guide me to tell me how do I print and later remove all old files in a folder recursively but keep only latest 15 modified files. When I do - ls -tp | head -15 I get the list of last 15 modified files whereas I need the list of all OTHER files except these files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with finding the latest files

Hi, Actually i got a client requirment and i need experts help here. we have 30 parent directories and in that we have so many subdirectories and files. i want to find only latest timestamp files with out touching subdirectories and need to redirect the latest files into some other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
3 Replies
AUTRACE:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       AUTRACE:(8)

NAME
autrace - a program similar to strace SYNOPSIS
autrace program [-r] [program-args]... DESCRIPTION
autrace is a program that will add the audit rules to trace a process similar to strace. It will then execute the program passing arguments to it. The resulting audit information will be in the audit logs if the audit daemon is running or syslog. This command deletes all audit rules prior to executing the target program and after executing it. As a safety precaution, it will not run unless all rules are deleted with auditctl prior to use. OPTIONS
-r Limit syscalls collected to ones needed for analyzing resource usage. This could help people doing threat modeling. This saves space in logs. EXAMPLES
The following illustrates a typical session: autrace /bin/ls /tmp ausearch --start recent -p 2442 -i and for resource usage mode: autrace -r /bin/ls ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --file --summary ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --host --summary SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Jan 2007 AUTRACE:(8)