Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Delete user file(s) older then 'X' days ?? Post 302133584 by varungupta on Friday 24th of August 2007 05:01:51 AM
Old 08-24-2007
Thanks ..

I found ..
find /your_directory -mtime +7 -exec rm -f {} \;

Thats great !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete file older than N days

Hi, All, I'd like to delete files older than 1 day. I thought the following command find /your_directory -mtime +1-exec rm -f {} \; will do the work, but not so, it seems like it won't delete files unless it is 2 days old or older. the files between 1 day and 2 days old does not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete folders older than 30 days

Dear all, i use incremental backup my data with .zip to my hard drive. what i need is i don't want the old .zip file older than 30 days. how to write a shell script automatically remove my external hard disc zip backup folders older than 30 days? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joneggk
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete logs older than 30 days

I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files in a directory that are older than 30 days except for 3 files: I am using the following command: find /tmp/logs -name "*.log" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \;But this command deletes all the log files. How can i modify this script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete file older than three days

I am using SFTP to transmit files from the Mainframe to an UNIX server. I am looking for some kind of script that runs with SFTP to delete tranmitted files older than 3 days. Can this be done in a SFTP transmission batch job? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve Carlson
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete logs older than 60 days

i am using HP-UX OS...... delete logs older than 60 days find -mtime +60 | grep -i '.*log' | xargs rm -mtime is nt available in HP-UX, pls tell me other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Delete Files which are older than 7 days, but have white spaces in file name

I need to list and delete all files in current older which are olderthan 7 days. But my file names have white spaces. Before deleting I want to list all the files, so that I can verify.find . -type f -mtime +7 | xargs ls -l {} But the ls command is the working on the files which have white... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search 2 days older file and then delete last 10 lines

I want to search 2 day older file and then delete last 10 line of that file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies
TM::ResourceAble(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     TM::ResourceAble(3pm)

NAME
TM::ResourceAble - Topic Maps, abstract trait for resource-backed Topic Maps SYNOPSIS
package MyNiftyMap; use TM; use base qw(TM); use Class::Trait ('TM::ResourceAble'); 1; my $tm = new MyNiftyMap; $tm->url ('http://nirvana/'); warn $tm->mtime; # or at runtime even: use TM; Class::Trait->apply ('TM', qw(TM::ResourceAble)); my $tm = new TM; warn $tm->mtime; DESCRIPTION
This traits adds methods to provide the role resource to a map. That allows a map to be associated with a resource which is addressed by a URL (actually a URI for that matter). Predefined URIs The following resources, actually their URIs are predefined: "io:stdin" Symbolizes the UNIX STDIN file descriptor. The resource is all text content coming from this file. "io:stdout" Symbolizes the UNIX STDOUT file descriptor. "null:" Symbolizes a resource which never delivers any content and which can consume any content silently (like "/dev/null" under UNIX). Predefined URI Methods "inline" An inlined resource is a resource which contains all content as part of the URI. Currently the TM content is to be written in AsTMa=. Example: inlined:donald (duck) INTERFACE
Methods url $url = $tm->url $tm->url ($url) Once an object of this class is instantiated it keeps the URL of the resource to which it is associated. With this method you can retrieve and set that. No special further action is taken otherwise. mtime $time = $tm->mtime This function returns the UNIX time when the resource has been modified last. 0 is returned if the result cannot be determined. All methods from LWP are supported. Special resources are treated as follows: "null:" always has mtime 0 "io:stdin" always has an mtime 1 second in the future. The idea is that STDIN always has new content. "io:stdout" always has mtime 0. The idea is that STDOUT never changes by itself. SEE ALSO
TM AUTHOR INFORMATION
Copyright 200[67], Robert Barta <drrho@cpan.org>, All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.10.1 2010-08-04 TM::ResourceAble(3pm)