Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ldap issue
Operating Systems Linux ldap issue Post 302133522 by Neo on Thursday 23rd of August 2007 06:04:34 PM
Old 08-23-2007
My first guess is it is an SSH issue.

Try opening up telnet temporarily and see if you can telnet in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

LDAP/Kerberos Issue

I am getting the following error message when trying to login to the client: while verifying tgt If I move the /etc/krb5.keytab out of /etc, it works fine. This is HP-UX v23 Does anyone have any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhernand
1 Replies

2. AIX

LDAP user authentication issue

Hello everyone, hoping you can provide some incite with a little problem I'm having.. I have the LDAP client configured and running on my AIX 5.3 server, which is authenticating against an eDirectory LDAP server. I can login via LDAP no problems on the AIX server with newly created users,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

NFS4 Ldap Automount issue

OK, I'm running low on patience with how this is working out. I have a RHEL 5.4 64bit server running 389 directory services and NFS4. I set up the schema for automount, and I am having some issues. I'm relatively new to both LDAP and Automount, and NFS4 has thrown me some curves vs NFS2/3.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP client issue

Hello, I'm new to Centos and to openldap. I am by trade a Solaris Admin. I'm experimenting with openldap and thought Linux would be easier to install and setup openldap on, so far this is true. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the client server to authenticate to the openldap server. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bitlord
1 Replies

5. AIX

LDAP authentication client issue

Hi, I am trying to authenticate AIX server against a IDS LDAP instance. The AIX version is 6.1 and TDS client is 6.1. I configured the secldapclntd using ldap.cfg file and changed /etc/security/user to set SYSTEM=LDAP, registry=LDAP for one user. Below are the ldap.cfg configurations - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vs1
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP Software depo Apache with LDAP issue

HI guys, I've come to this great community with a problem that everything that I could find is related to a bug, in the ldap code in the apache but nothing else. My problem happens after installing the Apache from HP software depo, it installs sucessfully and everything, but when I setup a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliper
0 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP issue

Need assistance in resolving the below LDAP issue on Solaris 11. I am new to LDAP . root@hrapps51:/var/svc/manifest# ldaplist -v +++ database=NULL +++ filter=objectclass=* +++ template for merging SSD filter=%s ldaplist: Object not found (LDAP ERROR (50): Insufficient access.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

LDAP, issue wont upload to Server

Its not allow upload the ldif file to LDAP Server # ldapadd -x -W -D "cn=Admin,dc=linuxoperatingsystem,dc=info" -f /root/base.ldif Enter LDAP Password: ldap _sasl_bind(SIMPLE) : Can't contact LDAP server (-1) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

10. Web Development

LDAP Connection Issue on Apache Web Server

Hi.. I have very limited knowledge on LDAP and its configuration and but I have been trying to figure out one issue that takes place when I am running the program that is written in php, but so far its unsuccessful. The server, I am working on is ldap server, which is running on Apache. After... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GomathiUoM
1 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)