Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove path from filename
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove path from filename Post 302133436 by arunkumar_mca on Thursday 23rd of August 2007 10:50:49 AM
Old 08-23-2007
Hi ..

Please post the path .. We can extract with CUT command ..

Thanks,
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a filename with full path using sed

hi, i need to replace a line a file with a new raw device location.. original file.. /opt/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/bin/dataserver \ -d/data/TST_AKS1/sybdevices/master.dat \ -e/logs/sybase/TST_AKS1/SFO_TST_AKS1.log \ -c/apps/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/TST_AKS1.cfg \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksaravanan
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

get filename from absolute path in batch program

hey im writing batch program for the first time and i have almost finished it the only problem is that i want to extract basename from absolute path for eg : if my first argument is c:\abcd\xyz\temp.txt then i want only temp.txt in variable. and how do i extract some part from string for eg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check whether a directory or filename path is valid or not

the script on excution should take a directory path from useran a numric input and it should check indicate whether its write or not? if the cmmd sh<script-name>,dir/path.<500>" is greater than 500 in size should be copied to dir ,temp in pwd and display the mesage'files of 2000 bytes hav been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

fnsplit, Extract filename from path

Hi all, I know this has been covered a lot, I have been searching and reading for hours on the subject, however so far I have been unsuccessful at accomplishing the goal using sed. I know this can be done with parameter expansion (Thanks cfajohnson for a great explanation of parameter... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting filename with entire path without extension

Hi Experts, need one help.. m writing a shell script for which i need the entire path of the file but without its extension. running the below script gives error at the statement DIR = `dirname $FILE` --command not found. #!/bin/bash jar xvf *jar for FILE in `find . -name "*.class"` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Filename from Absolute Path

Hello, I have the string "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" and i want to get only the filename, in this case "ddd.txt". I have as something known in the script the pattern "/a/b/c/", so I`ve tried something like: echo "/a/b/c/ddd.txt" | cut -d "/a/b/c/" -f2 but it doesn`t go, any help?. thanks, bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove filename from the path

Hi, I have a list of paths with files at the end. How can strip off filenames. This is what I have: /apps/test/abc/file.txt /apps/new/home/daily/report.xml /apps/old/home/weekly/out/test.sh This is what I need: /apps/test/abc/ /apps/new/home/daily/ /apps/old/home/weekly/out/ ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting using filename of a path

Hi all! i have a question how do you sort the filename of a path directory according to alphabetic order. Example: sort according to highlighted text. There maybe space for filename Path=/home/pikamon/Desktop/ABC; Path=/home/pikamon/Desktop/ABD; Path=/home/pikamon/Desktop/Riduan la;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pikamon
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script - Remove the 3 top level of a full path filename

Hello. Source file are in : /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/some_file Destination is : /d/e where sub-directories "f" and "g" may missing or not. After copying I want /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file1 in /d/e/f/g/file1 On source /a is top-level directory On destination /d is top-level directory I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
CUT(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            CUT(1)

NAME
cut - remove sections from each line of files SYNOPSIS
cut OPTION... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print selected parts of lines from each FILE to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -b, --bytes=LIST select only these bytes -c, --characters=LIST select only these characters -d, --delimiter=DELIM use DELIM instead of TAB for field delimiter -f, --fields=LIST select only these fields; also print any line that contains no delimiter character, unless the -s option is specified -n (ignored) --complement complement the set of selected bytes, characters or fields -s, --only-delimited do not print lines not containing delimiters --output-delimiter=STRING use STRING as the output delimiter the default is to use the input delimiter -z, --zero-terminated line delimiter is NUL, not newline --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Use one, and only one of -b, -c or -f. Each LIST is made up of one range, or many ranges separated by commas. Selected input is written in the same order that it is read, and is written exactly once. Each range is one of: N N'th byte, character or field, counted from 1 N- from N'th byte, character or field, to end of line N-M from N'th to M'th (included) byte, character or field -M from first to M'th (included) byte, character or field AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat, David MacKenzie, and Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report cut translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/cut> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) cut invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 CUT(1)