Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tricky Shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tricky Shell script Post 302133377 by fazliturk on Thursday 23rd of August 2007 06:26:35 AM
Old 08-23-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by namishtiwari
fazliturk,
when i ran the script it tells--

bash-2.05$ ksh script5
awk: syntax error near line 33
awk: illegal statement near line 33
awk: syntax error near line 35
awk: bailing out near line 35

I just added a line at the beginning
#!/bin/ksh

Thanks,
Namish
yes you are right. I've tried this code in korn shell . İn korn shell I haven't get any programing error messages. It runs coorectly and I thing it s code what you need . Did you try it in korn shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Tricky one...

Here's my problem: I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro with no internal CD or Floppy drives. I want to install Linux on it. I don't care about the Windows XP Pro installation, in fact I would like to install Linux over the entirety of the HD. However I cannot boot from any external CD drive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky Sed

Hello. I am trying to convert occurrences of 'NULL' from a datafile. The 'NULL' occurences appears at this: |NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL| There should be 52 fields per line. I would like any occurrence of | NULL| or |NULL| to appear as '||' Currently I am using this sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky script question

Hi, I'm in the midst of writing a UNIX script that sftp's files to an external host and am stuck with a problem. The problem is that the files created on my server as a order number that correlates to a sequence of directories on the remote host which is where the file should be ftp'ed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tricky Quotation Question

Hi, I am at a point in my script where I defined the number of the command line parameter I would like to set a variable equal to: parameter_number=14 I would then like to set a variable equal to the correct parameter: variable=$parameter_number The issue here is that {} is required... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux: Writing a tricky script to check connectivity

So, first and foremost, I'm having issues with my internet connection. Periodically, the connection drops across the network. The fix is simple enough: restart the modem. However, this gets old when the connection dies out every hour. I can hit my surfboard on 192.168.100.1, and navigate to a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungfujoe
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky - Need help on Shell script variables

Hi, I have a requirement in which i have to read a csv file and put data in certain set of variables: File content: VP-DTL-REC-CNT, ,854840,0.00,VP-PAID-AMT, ,0,32280885.17,VP-PAT-PAID-AMT, ,0,9930244.32,VP-PAID-REV-CNT, ,484927,0.00,VP-REJ-CNT, ,369913,0.00, , ,0,0.00, , ,0,0.00, , ,0,0.00, ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantoshkumar
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky data manipulation...

Hi everyone.. I am new here, hello.. I hope this doesn't come across to you folks as a stupid question, I'm somewhat new to scripting :) I'm seeking some help in finding a way to manipulate data output for every two characters - example: numbers.lst contains the following output:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explicit
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Tricky egrep

Hi folks! My first post here. I'm working on a script that retrieves a range of files from a list depending on a range of time. UPDATE: I've seen it could be difficult to read all this thing, so I'll make a summarize it.. How come I do this and take a result.. grep "..\:.." lista.new |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl0x
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky sed required

Hi All I need to put some sed together for a task and its a bit advanced for me, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here could help. I have a csv file with content like this - "","abcde","","" "'","abcde","","" "","","","1234" "'e'","","","" I need to remove any single quotes that fall... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing xml - tricky one...need help!!

Hi, i am new to linux programming fraternity but looks like starting with a big thing... yes..xml parsing (it is indeed tough for a beginner like me) so need your kind help... The snippet of xml looks like: <snapshot> <tag1> <key>1234</key> <keytype>abcd</keytype> </tag1> <tag2>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie2014
11 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and +pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)