Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix Server Restarted
Operating Systems AIX Aix Server Restarted Post 302133327 by manoj.solaris on Thursday 23rd of August 2007 02:15:13 AM
Old 08-23-2007
Error Aix Server Restarted

Hi,

I want to know how can we come to know who has system rebooted, I have given the command last but it showing the last user has login and logout after some time,but reboot command is showing after 10 mins,how can we trace that it is automatically rebooted or rebooted by some person,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris server restarted

Hi All, I Am facing a problem that Solaris blade server is getting restarted again again in the mean while. For some continuous time period its works fine but in mean while automatically get restarted. Checked with vendor they told there is no any H/W problem. Please help me out in to this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System got restarted unexpectedly

One of our Host server got restarted unexpectedly and all we got is this. Not able to guess the root cause behind this .Please help. Before restart Oct 17 19:56:06 SERVER1 kernel: suspend: event channel 75 Oct 17 19:56:10 SERVER1 smartd: smartd version 5.38 Copyright (C) 2002-8 Bruce... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with restarted I/O system calls

Greetings. Suppose I have a UNIX OS with automatic-restart (by default) of interrupted system calls, or I use sigaction() with SA_RESTART flag. If I am in the middle of a read(fd1, buf1, MAXSIZE) or a write(fd2, buf2, MAXSIZE), and I am interrupted by a signal, then the system will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aigoia
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] when server restarted ?

Hi, we are in HP-UX MYSERVER B.11.31 U ia64. Is there any way to see when server restarted for the last time ? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to know which user has restarted or shutdown the redhat box?

hi guys! I like to know which user has rebooted or shutdown a redhat box ? the thing is wanted to know the exact user name who has done this action, ofcourse an admin privileged user only can do this. from a list of admin privileged user to find the exact one. i used to go with last... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
4 Replies

8. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List out Process ids restarted today

Hi, I need to list out the processes which are started/restarted today in my Solaris box. If not possible need to convert the process uptime in minutes or seconds and compare it with a configurable value to list out those process ids for further processing in my scripting. Can any one guide... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
7 Replies
utmp(5) 							File Formats Manual							   utmp(5)

Name
       utmp, wtmp - login records

Syntax
       #include <utmp.h>

Description
       The  file  records  information	about  who  is currently using the system.  The file is a sequence of entries with the following structure
       declared in the include file:
       struct utmp {
	       char    ut_line[8];	       /* tty name */
	       char    ut_name[8];	       /* user id */
	       char    ut_host[16];	       /* host name, if remote */
	       long    ut_time; 	       /* time on */
       };

This structure gives the name of the special file associated with the user's terminal, the user's login name, and the time of the login	in
       the form of

The  file  records  all	logins and logouts.  A null user name indicates a logout on the associated terminal.  A terminal referenced with a
       tilde (~) indicates that the system was rebooted at the indicated time.	The adjacent pair of entries with terminal names referenced  by  a
       vertical  bar  (|)  or  a right brace (}) indicate the system-maintained time just before and just after a command has changed the system's
       timeframe.

The file is maintained by and Neither of these programs creates the file, so, if it is removed, record-keeping is turned off.  It is summa-
       rized by

Files
See Also
       last(1), lastcomm(1), login(1), who(1), ac(8), init(8)

utmp(5)