Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers got a basic doubt on cat-file permissions Post 302133226 by psiva_arul on Wednesday 22nd of August 2007 11:52:52 AM
Old 08-22-2007
Check whether the file is readable or not using vi command

vi <filename.extension>

Some time we can't open the file where file insdie the not executable permission dir.

Regards,
Siva.P
Bangalore

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

file permissions doubt

hi, i am working in hp ux 11i. 1). the command "ll" (-- long listing) shows the permissions of the files. i like to know.... the first letter of the permissions (prw------- and sometimes i get -r--r--r--) i like to know the first letter 'p' (i know for directories it will be 'd') ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Certainly basic doubt about IF

On the below "IF" i test if the user have put the first argument. I also would like to test if the user have written a second argument. So, my doubt is: - How can i evaluate 2 conditions on a if statement? How is the OR created? - How can i to verify if the second argument is non... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmxps
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic cat replace string

trying to exclude hostnames ending in "s" from a host file: # cat hosts ssef ssefd ssefsfff ssefsfs # for x in `cat hosts`; do echo "${x/*s}" ;done ef efd fff # How can I echo/or not echo only 'ssefsfs' ?? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a basic 'for i in cat list' - Trying to get i to be set to a name with a space

Hi Have a file called ldap.list: ****** "o=unix forum" o=groups ****** i wrote a basic script that runs: for i in `cat ldap.list` do ldapsearch -h host -p 389 -b $i THE PROBLEM: - It looks like when the for i in cat ldap.list runs, it doesn't seem to care about the " ", it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlefrog
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic SED doubt

Hi Friends!! I want to add a / at the end of a number. for example i have CQ65758 /, in this case i want to shift that backspace one space to the left so the my result becomes CQ65758/. How can i do that with sed. Thanks Adi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The best way to skin a cat OR how do I get file system info on the most basic level?

Hi, We have an FTP server (vsftpd) running on Linux, that I've kinda built a "Data Management" system around. I could use some ideas as to the best way to handle/create "triggers" for file notifications. Internal users drag 'n drop files from their Windows boxes to the server via Samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script basic doubt

hi, I am new script learner, so my basic doubt is , how to store value of any command in a variable example $ ls | wc -l i want to stote the output of this in a variable c. so that i can use c in if else loop. and when do we use " ` " symbol in script.. can anyone also tell for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2_t
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed basic doubt

Hi , what is the equivalent of below awk in sed. awk '$1=="ABC"&&$2=="XYZ" {print $0}' infile Thanks, Shruthi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic doubt in UNIX

Hi, I'm new to this and very much interested to learn unix. Can any one explain me the symbols y we use this is scripting(~ and $). It would be great if some one explain with the eg. Thanks Naveen A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
2 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)