Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh access
Operating Systems Solaris ssh access Post 302133139 by mm00123 on Wednesday 22nd of August 2007 06:36:13 AM
Old 08-22-2007
Question ssh access

Dear all,

How can I prevent ssh access to unix server from public???

thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricted SSH Access

OS: FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE I have ssh up and running. However, I need to restrict users to their home directory and to links withing those directories (i.e. htdocs/mysite and mysql/var). Is this possible? Any Suggestions? Thanks In advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezekiel61
2 Replies

2. Linux

Access environment variables on remote host using ssh

How can i access environment variables on remote host using ssh example: # Remote server $ echo $MAIL /var/spool/mail/gacf $ # Local server $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/mail/gacf $ Expected to find: $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/spool/mail/gacf $ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

server is up but cannot access through ssh

server is at remote site; server is up. I can access it through console. but I cannot access it through ssh. I have restarted SSH already and even do ifconfig ce0 down and up still not successful ... any comment? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Force user to use ssh/prevent telnet access

I have just set up a user on our system HP-Thru64. The user needs to be able to su to root after they login and this works fine. Users cannot login from root externally so you have to first connect as a user and then su. I am wondering is it possible for me to prevent the user from having telnet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peragin
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Access the SSH of the server

Good evening I have a VPS Server Processor OS: centos-5-x86 I could not log on to the SSH Server This image from the panel WHM Main >> Server Status >> Service Status https://www.unix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1666&stc=1&d=1286598999 This copy of the program PuTTY ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamed
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server access for SSH Tunneling!

Hi! I came to know about SSH Tunneling to bypass the Firewall. I will have to setup a free access SSH server to tunnel data access through PUTTY or OpenSSH. The problem is that I don't know about any free access servers. So, can anyone of you guide me for that, for any type of help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cant Access Applicatoin GUI Remotely (SSH)

Greetings! Theres an application in my RHEL 6 server that has a GUI (which we'd like to use). When I run the AppGui.sh is says it needs Server X11. I know its gotta do something with X server (and I installed it).I found some tutorial for auto configuration and then I was supposed to access... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access to Remote tty cli via ssh

Scenario: I would like the ability to be able to use the cli on a client that has remotely connected to me via my ssh server in my office and use their terminal to work remotely if I am in another remote location. Ex. The client reverse ssh's to my remote ssh server in my office. ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

VPN ssh access over RDP port?

Guys, Can I use an open RDP port to gain ssh access to my Linux server running the other side of our firewall? I work from home on the odd occasion, we only have RDP port 3389 available once logged into the VPN. I would rather ssh into my workstation without the need for a desktop display. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cannot access ssh

I have a problem when it suddenly os I can not ssh access , but if in a ping running normally . we finally restart and return to normal . whether there are needs in the patch ? The following logs : Feb 20 17:38:14 cmsapp6 automount: expire_proc: expire thread create for /misc failed Feb 20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fazardh
4 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)