Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove duplicated lines without sort Post 302132968 by bigearsbilly on Tuesday 21st of August 2007 07:44:02 AM
Old 08-21-2007
Code:
 who | perl -ane '$H{$F[1]}++ or print'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated columns

hi all, i have a file contain multicolumns, this file is sorted by col2 and col3. i want to remove the duplicated columns if the col2 and col3 are the same in another line. example fileA AA BB CC DD CC XX CC DD BB CC ZZ FF DD FF HH HH the output is AA BB CC DD BB CC ZZ FF... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines, Sorted with Time based columns using AWK & SORT

Hi having a file as follows MediaErr.log 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 02:12:16 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 02:22:47 84 Server1 Policy1 Schedule1 master1 05/08/2008 03:41:26 84 Server1 Policy1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

duplicated lines not recognized by sort and uniq

Hello all, I've got a strange behaviour of sort and uniq commands: they do not recognise apparently duplicated lines in a file (already sorted). The lines are identical by eye, but they must differ in smth, because when they are put in two files, those have slightly different size. What can make... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicated content

Input file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4486 hcms-US25 hsa-360-5 hcms-US25 hsa-4 hcms-US25 hsa-458 hcms-US25 hsa-44812 . . Desired Output file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hsa-4486... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines based on field and sort

I have a csv file that I would like to remove duplicate lines based on field 1 and sort. I don't care about any of the other fields but I still wanna keep there data intact. I was thinking I could do something like this but I have no idea how to print the full line with this. Please show any method... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort csv file by duplicated column value

hello, I have a large file (about 1gb) that is in a file similar to the following: I want to make it so that I can put all the duplicates where column 3 (delimited by the commas) are shown on top. Meaning all people with the same age are listed at the top. The command I used was ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicated lines?

Hi, if i have a file like this: Query=1 a a b c c c d Query=2 b b b c c e . . . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files and remove duplicated rows

In a folder I'll several times daily receive new files that I want to combine into one big file, without any duplicate rows. The file name in the folder will look like e.q: MissingData_2014-08-25_09-30-18.txt MissingData_2014-08-25_09-30-14.txt MissingData_2014-08-26_09-30-12.txt The content... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bergans
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines, sort it and save it as file itself

Hi, all I have a csv file that I would like to remove duplicate lines based on 1st field and sort them by the 1st field. If there are more than 1 line which is same on the 1st field, I want to keep the first line of them and remove the rest. I think I have to use uniq or something, but I still... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. AIX

Remove duplicated bootlist entries

Hello. I have a server with 2 boot disk but in the bootlist there are 5 paths of one disk but no path of the other. How can I remove paths from one disk to insert paths from the other disk? Thanks in advance. server074:root:/# bootlist -om normal hdisk0 blv=hd5 pathid=0 hdisk0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gabriander
7 Replies
WRAP-AND-SORT(1)					      General Commands Manual						  WRAP-AND-SORT(1)

NAME
wrap-and-sort - wrap long lines and sort items in Debian packaging files SYNOPSIS
wrap-and-sort [options] DESCRIPTION
wrap-and-sort wraps the package lists in Debian control files. By default the lists will only split into multiple lines if the entries are longer than 80 characters. wrap-and-sort sorts the package lists in Debian control files and all .install files. Beside that wrap-and-sort removes trailing spaces in these files. This script should be run in the root of a Debian package tree. It searches for control, control.in, copyright, copyright.in, install, and *.install in the debian directory. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -a, --wrap-always Wrap all package lists in the Debian control file even if the entries are shorter than 80 characters and could fit in one line line. -s, --short-indent Only indent wrapped lines by one space (default is in-line with the field name). -b, --sort-binary-packages Sort binary package paragraphs by name. -k, --keep-first When sorting binary package paragraphs, leave the first one at the top. Unqualified debhelper(7) configuration files are applied to the first package. -n, --no-cleanup Do not remove trailing whitespaces. -d path, --debian-directory=path Location of the debian directory (default: ./debian). -f file, --file=file Wrap and sort only the specified file. You can specify this parameter multiple times. All supported files will be processed if no files are specified. -v, --verbose Print all files that are touched. AUTHORS
wrap-and-sort and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WRAP-AND-SORT(1)