Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ldap dn chars allowed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ldap dn chars allowed Post 302132825 by cbkihong on Monday 20th of August 2007 09:12:48 AM
Old 08-20-2007
According to RFC2849, it should be base-64 encoded, but the LDAP server should support Unicode internally.

Why not just test to make sure?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

3. Web Development

access to my server is always allowed

Hi, I can't deny the access to my server. if I visit http://localhost I can always see all the files. Why ? <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Order allow,deny Deny from All </Directory> <Directory "/Users/aneuryzma/Sites"> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

4. AIX

rlogin always allowed ?

Hello, Could someone explain why rlogin is allways allowed in my AIX 6.1 boxes, whatever user I use ? According to documentation it should work only when .rhosts (or hosts.equiv) is properly set. But even these files do not exist - access is allowed. If I use rsh(with specified command) it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

space not allowed in input

I have this script. (options is an array) It works fine. It responds fine to all items that are stored in the array. But when I press spacebar when I am asked for input. It will not give an error only run the function again. While I put : || ] in the script to capture the space. What am I missing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alex400
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

something like LDAP Administrator 2011.1 "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI

Hi I am searching a tool like "LDAP Administrator 2011.1"/ "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI. Wish to use LDAP-SQL in scripts (non Windows GUI environment) http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/2011.1/images/sqlquery_large.png Softerra LDAP Administrator 2011.1 - What's New OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Not allowed to post URLs

Hi, I tried to post some perl code for discussion (wrapped in swaddling . However, a regex has an escaped backslash so the forum parser sees it as an URL? Had the same experience with the sample data that I tried to provide for the same discussion. It contains emails addresses,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msutfin
1 Replies

8. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP Query - host allowed option

I have an in interesting dilemna that I am trying to address. I have some ldap queries that I use to retrieve user information to perform access validations on a quarterly/annual basis. I can successfully pull the local users, and I can use ldapsearch to pull back all the users from the DN as well.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap - LDAP Authentication Plugin for Jifty DESCRIPTION
CAUTION: This plugin is experimental. This may be combined with the User Mixin to provide user accounts and ldap password authentication to your application. When a new user authenticates using this plugin, a new User object will be created automatically. The "name" and "email" fields will be automatically populated with LDAP data. in etc/config.yml Plugins: - Authentication::Ldap: LDAPhost: ldap.univ.fr # ldap server LDAPbase: ou=people,dc=..... # base ldap LDAPName: displayname # name to be displayed (cn givenname) LDAPMail: mailLocalAddress # email used optional LDAPuid: uid # optional Then create a user model jifty model --name=User and edit lib/App/Model/User.pm to look something like this: use strict; use warnings; package Venice::Model::User; use Jifty::DBI::Schema; use Venice::Record schema { # More app-specific user columns go here }; use Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User; use Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap::Mixin::Model::User; sub current_user_can { my $self = shift; my $type = shift; my %args = (@_); return 1 if $self->current_user->is_superuser; # all logged in users can read this table return 1 if ($type eq 'read' && $self->current_user->id); return $self->SUPER::current_user_can($type, @_); }; 1; ACTIONS This plugin will add the following actions to your application. For testing you can access these from the Admin plugin. Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap::Action::LDAPLogin The login path is "/ldaplogin". Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap::Action::LDAPLogout The logout path is "/ldaplogout". METHODS prereq_plugins This plugin depends on the User Mixin. Configuration The following options are available in your "config.yml" under the Authentication::Ldap Plugins section. "LDAPhost" Your LDAP server. "LDAPbase" [Mandatory] The base object where your users live. If "LDAPBindTemplate" is defined, "LDAPbase" is only used for user search. "LDAPBindTemplate" Alternatively to "LDAPbase", you can specify here the whole DN string, with %u as a placeholder for UID. "LDAPMail" The DN that your organization uses to store Email addresses. This gets copied into the User object as the "email". "LDAPName" The DN that your organization uses to store Real Name. This gets copied into the User object as the "name". "LDAPuid" The DN that your organization uses to store the user ID. Usually "cn". This gets copied into the User object as the "ldap_id". "LDAPOptions" These options get passed through to Net::LDAP. Default Options : debug => 0 onerror => undef async => 1 Other options you may want : timeout => 30 See "Net::LDAP" for a full list. You can overwrite the defaults selectively or not at all. "LDAPLoginHooks" Optional list of Perl functions that would be called after a successful login and after a corresponding User object is loaded and updated. The function is called with a hash array arguments, as follows: username => string user_object => User object ldap => Net::LDAP object infos => User attributes as returned by get_infos "LDAPFetchUserAttr" Optional list of LDAP user attributes fetched by get_infos. The values are returned to the login hook as arrayrefs. Example The following example authenticates the application against a MS Active Directory server for the domain MYDOMAIN. Each user entry has the attribute 'department' which is used for authorization. "LDAPbase" is used for user searching, and binding is done in a Microsoft way. The login hook checks if the user belongs to specific departments and updates the user record. ###### # etc/config.yml: Plugins: - User: {} - Authentication::Ldap: LDAPhost: ldap1.mydomain.com LDAPbase: 'DC=mydomain,DC=com' LDAPBindTemplate: 'MYDOMAIN\%u' LDAPName: displayName LDAPMail: mail LDAPuid: cn LDAPFetchUserAttr: - department LDAPLoginHooks: - 'Myapp::Model::User::ldap_login_hook' ###### # package Myapp::Model::User; sub ldap_login_hook { my %args = @_; my $u = $args{'user_object'}; my $department = $args{'infos'}->{'department'}[0]; my $editor = 0; if( $department eq 'NOC' or $department eq 'ENGINEERING' ) { $editor = 1; } $u->__set( column => 'is_content_editor', value => $editor ); } SEE ALSO
Jifty::Manual::AccessControl, Jifty::Plugin::User::Mixin::Model::User, Net::LDAP AUTHORS
Yves Agostini, <yvesago@cpan.org>, Stanislav Sinyagin and others authors from Jifty (maxbaker, clkao, sartak, alexmv) LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 Yves Agostini. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software and may be modified and distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-09-15 Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Ldap(3pm)