Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parentheses in perl find/replace Post 302132729 by cbkihong on Sunday 19th of August 2007 09:46:56 PM
Old 08-19-2007
What is the exact regular expression that you applied? It was likely not correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in parentheses

Hi I would like to replace a comma in parentheses to a semicolon for example. Other commas outside () stay unchanged. How can I do this? aaaa,bbb,ccc,ddd(eee,fff,ggg),hhh,iii to aaaa,bbb,ccc,ddd(eee;fff;ggg),hhh,iii Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regex help - matching parentheses

Let's say I'm trying to match potentially multiple sets of parentheses. Is there a way in a regular expression to force a match of closing parentheses specifically in the number of the opening parentheses? For example, if the string is "((foo bar))", I want to be able to say "match any number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvp
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Parentheses & Context confusion

Hi Expert, Could you please explain why below two perl code get different result? Thanks a lot. sub test{ return (2,3,4,5,6,3,4,50); } ($a,$b)=(test); # 3,6 ($a,$b)=test; # 2,3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace all occurrences of strings with parentheses

Hi, I tried to adapt bartus's solution to my problem, without success. I want to replace all the occurences of this: with: , where something can contain an arbitrary number of balanced parens and brakets. Any ideas ? Best, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ff1969ff1969
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl find and replace

Hi, Please could someone advise, how I can resolve this issue with my find and replace command : perl -i -npe "s#RLM_LICENSE.*#RLM_LICENSE=$TEAM_TOP/licenses/abc.demo.lic#;" environment.properties $TEAM_TOP is an environment varible within my system. when i run this perl command from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fettie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command to replace with pattern except for text and closing parentheses

Can someone help me with a sed command: There will be multiple occurences in a file that look like this: MyFunction(12c34r5) and I need to replace that with just the 12c34r5 for every occurrence. The text between the parentheses will be different on each occurrence, so I can't search for that.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: missb
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl find & replace - what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have a directory full of .plist type files from which I need to delete a line. Not every file contains the line, but of course I'd like to do it recursively. The line which I want to delete is: <string>com.apple.PhotoBooth</string> and looks like this in its native habitat: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace, perl code

Hi, Can somebody tell whats wrong with "find and replace perl code". I wanted to find "\n".write(status,data" and replace with "\n",data" in multipls files. #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.c>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr0 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)