Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Many Computers Do You Have At Home? Post 302132724 by mtechie on Sunday 19th of August 2007 08:23:38 PM
Old 08-19-2007
Java 4 over here :)

Two laptops, xp and sled t60 and t30. Love my sled 10 t30 ThinkPad, works better then my t60 xp box most of the time. Two desktops, both xp, one for rebuilding a testing out in the garage, other is mostly used by the wife (but it's about to become a duel boot, w/ sled 10). Thanks for the fun topic Neo.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two computers - one modem

I have two mashines with RedHat 8.0......they connected with cross over cabel...I want use both mashines for Internet, but modem has only first computer... Maybe..through gateway ?.... What must i do for it ?...... sorry for my terrible english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

two computers one internet

i have a computer (sempron 2200+) with Suse 9.3 and another computer with windows 98 (PI 233 Mhz). I'm connect first computer (with Suse) on the Internet through ethernet but second computers in not connect. How can connect second computers on the internet (with 3 network card...two on the first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragos
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using other computers for processing

Hello I've wrote a C++ program which does some mathematical calculations, but the problem is that it takes way too long on any computer to finish. Is there anyway to make more than 1 computer do the processing so it can process faster? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
5 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Track availability of computers

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a program that records the availability of computers. For the argument i have to give him a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing top on several computers

Hi I'm waiting for the IT department to install Ganglia, and until that happens, I need to know the current load on 14 computers. To do this, I'm trying to write a small script that output the top processes on each of the computers using top, but for some reason it doesn't work. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobbev
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

LUNIX on a Commodore 64, yup UNIX on one of the most famous home computers of all time...

Enjoy guys and gals... LUnix on a Commodore 64... YouTube Bazza... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
cmx(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    cmx(8)

Name
       cmx - generic communication exerciser

Syntax
       /usr/field/cmx [ -h ] [ -ofile ] [ -tn ] -l line-1 ...

Description
       The  exerciser will write, read, and validate random data and packet lengths on a given communications line.  The line under test must have
       a loopback connector attached to the distribution panel or the cable and the line must be disabled in the file and a non-modem line.   That
       is, the flag must be set to off.

The exerciser runs until or kill -15 pid is sent to the process.

A  logfile  is  made  in for you to examine and then remove.  If there are errors listed in the logfile, make sure that you check the file,
       because that is where the driver and kernel error messages are saved.

You must specify the -l flag followed by the lines to test.  The line-n arguments identify the lines to be tested.  A maximum of  32  lines
       can  be	tested	at  any  one time.  The line-n arguments are specified as names taken from the directory without the letters ``tty''.  For
       example, if the directory lists tty03, the line argument is 03.

The DEVICES section lists the devices that can be tested.

Restrictions
       If there is a need to run a system exerciser over an NFS link or on a diskless system there are some  restrictions.   For  exercisers  that
       need  to  write into a file system, such as the target file system must be writable by root.  Also the directory, in which any of the exer-
       cisers are executed, must be writable by root because temporary files are written into the current directory.   These  latter  restrictions
       are sometimes difficult to overcome because often NFS file systems are mounted in a way that prevents root from writing into them.  Some of
       the restrictions may be overcome by copying the exerciser to another directory and then executing it.

Options
       -h     Prints help message about this command.

-ofile Save output diagnostics in file.

-tn    Run time in minutes (n).	The default is to run until a or kill -15 pid is sent to the process.

Restrictions
       Pseudo devices (those whose first character after tty is p, q, r, s, t, u) cannot be tested.  Neither can lta devices with major #39.

Devices
       Use the command on to find out which tty line corresponds to a device line number.

Examples
       The following example runs the exerciser for 60 minutes on lines 00, 13, 22, and 32.
       % /usr/field/cmx -t60 -l 00 13 22 32
       The following example runs the exerciser on lines 11, 42, 45, and 76 in the background until interrupted by a or kill -15 pid.
       % /usr/field/cmx -l 11 42 45 76 &

See Also
       Guide to System Exercisers

cmx(8)