Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Doubt
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Doubt Post 302132680 by guenter on Saturday 18th of August 2007 09:02:16 PM
Old 08-18-2007
hi
if you create a new file the group of this file is your primary group. if you access an existing file there is no difference between your primary and secondary groups
mfg guenter.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + oracle doubt....involving shell script

....does the dbms_output.put_line work inside unix shell script? i mean this is to be inside the sqlplus connection as follows!! sqlplus -s $UP <<EOJ .. .. .. dbms_output.put_line ('Insertion procedure failed for UPC BC : ' || wk_key_value || ' Sqlcode: ' || SQLCODE || ' Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mexx_freedom
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt regarding user password expiry in unix

I want to know the command through which we can know the expiry date of the password. I tried chage but it is not working on my system please provide necessary information I am not using root I need info on user level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irshad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on Executing unix commands in script

How can I execute the unix command "cd - Change directory" command, so that my command prompt should be reflected for that change. Example : Now you are in your home directory i.e /home/naresh and you have some sub directory called unixinfo in your home directory. i want to write a script,so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naresh Kumar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending a mail from unix script doubt

HI i usually send an a file attachment in a mail from unix like following. mailx -s 'Job Success' someoner@gmail.com < attachment.log But I have observed in several threads that we can also use uuencode and uudecode. What are they? when should we use uudecode and uuencode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt in Oracle connecting unix - Very urgent

I am using a oracle query from unix.. flag=`sqlplus -s <<EOF SELECT 'Y' FROM table_name WHERE cond1 = '${table_name}' AND DECODE('${var_a}','''NA''',own,'${var_b0}')= own exception when no_data_found then dbms_output.put_line(NVL(l_owner_flag,'X')); end; EOF` Its not validating the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A little doubt regarding setgid and Unix access right flags.

Hi all! I have a folder with permissions 2770 (SETGID) drwxrws--- 2 loguser admins 5 Mar 17 11:11 mydir Inside that folder there are some files with permissions 0640: -rw-r----- 1 loguser admins 0 Mar 17 11:11 monday.log -rw-r----- 1 loguser admins ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt

Hi, I have a file with multiple entries and I have calculated the percentages. Now I want to know how many of my entries are there between 1-10% 11-20% and so on.. chr1_14401_14450 0.211954217888936 chr1_14451_14500 1.90758796100042 chr1_14501_14550 4.02713013988978... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt in Unix ??

Is it possible to create unix or linux commands ? if it is then how to create ?:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Santhosh Raju
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic doubt in UNIX

Hi, I'm new to this and very much interested to learn unix. Can any one explain me the symbols y we use this is scripting(~ and $). It would be great if some one explain with the eg. Thanks Naveen A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Doubt

in my shell script requirement is to search and replace the file with variable so i use the following command sed -i "s/abc/$SCHEMA/g" table.sql later when the script runs sqlplus username/pwd@Table& this & is not letting the variable to replace the value inside the file .please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhuvan1
1 Replies
groups(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						groups(1B)

NAME
groups - display a user's group memberships SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/groups [user]... DESCRIPTION
With no arguments, groups displays the groups to which you belong; else it displays the groups to which the user belongs. Each user belongs to a group specified in the password file /etc/passwd and possibly to other groups as specified in the file /etc/group. If you do not own a file but belong to the group which it is owned by then you are granted group access to the file. FILES
/etc/passwd /etc/group ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getgroups(2), attributes(5) NOTES
This command is obsolete. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 groups(1B)