Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Many Computers Do You Have At Home? Post 302132592 by Perderabo on Friday 17th of August 2007 04:53:57 PM
Old 08-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Here is an easy one.
Famous last words...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Don't count those that are in storage or you rarely use, count the ones that are powered on most, if not all, of the day (and night).
Sigh... I have been meaning to power off my old workstation... Well the "count the ones that are powered on most" clause appears after the "Don't count those....you rarely use" clause. The second cause must countermand the first cause. So my unused but powered-up workstation should be counted. I think... Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two computers - one modem

I have two mashines with RedHat 8.0......they connected with cross over cabel...I want use both mashines for Internet, but modem has only first computer... Maybe..through gateway ?.... What must i do for it ?...... sorry for my terrible english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

two computers one internet

i have a computer (sempron 2200+) with Suse 9.3 and another computer with windows 98 (PI 233 Mhz). I'm connect first computer (with Suse) on the Internet through ethernet but second computers in not connect. How can connect second computers on the internet (with 3 network card...two on the first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragos
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using other computers for processing

Hello I've wrote a C++ program which does some mathematical calculations, but the problem is that it takes way too long on any computer to finish. Is there anyway to make more than 1 computer do the processing so it can process faster? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
5 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Track availability of computers

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a program that records the availability of computers. For the argument i have to give him a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing top on several computers

Hi I'm waiting for the IT department to install Ganglia, and until that happens, I need to know the current load on 14 computers. To do this, I'm trying to write a small script that output the top processes on each of the computers using top, but for some reason it doesn't work. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobbev
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

LUNIX on a Commodore 64, yup UNIX on one of the most famous home computers of all time...

Enjoy guys and gals... LUnix on a Commodore 64... YouTube Bazza... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
removable-media(9P)					   Kernel Properties for Drivers				       removable-media(9P)

NAME
removable-media - removable media device property DESCRIPTION
A device that supports removable media--such as CDROM, JAZZ, and ZIP drives--and that supports power management and expects automatic mounting of the device via the volume manager should export the boolean (zero length) property removable-media. This property enables the system to make the power state of the device dependent on the power state of the frame buffer and monitor. See the power.conf(4) discussion of the device-dependency-property entry for more information. Devices that behave like removable devices (such as PC ATA cards, where the controller and media both are removed at the same time) should also export this property. EXAMPLES
Example 1: removable-media Entry An example of a removable-media entry from the .conf file of a driver is shown below. # This entry keeps removable media from being powered down unless # the console framebuffer and monitor are powered down # removable-media=1; Example 2: Implementation in attach() Below is an example of how the entry above would be implemented in the attach(9E) function of the driver. xxattach(dev_info_t *dip, ddi_attach_cmd_t cmd) { ... if (ddi_prop_create(DDI_DEV_T_NONE, dip, DDI_PROP_CANSLEEP, "removable-media", NULL, 0)) != DDI_PROP_SUCCESS) goto failed; ... } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
power.conf(4), pm(7D), attach(9E), detach(9E), ddi_prop_create(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 15 Jun 2001 removable-media(9P)